View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Ridgewoodpilot
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: C172 Right seat

Ok, so I too am paying my dues instructing at the age of 39 with a little to go for 1000+ hours. Although this may sound stupid but a student asked me about this subject the other day. I gave him the heart to heart speech and made it clear on why getting paid and not the other way can have a positive influence on his future. But then thinking about it, I truly only know of about 2 or 3 outfits that still do this. It seems I may be left in the dark when it comes to "all these companies". True I may feel like I live in a shoebox sometimes with family/work life but I think that I'm truly out of the loop on the up to date information. Can someone elaborate on the companies that still do these kind of operations? PM me if need be. I would just like to know because lately people are making it sound like every other company is doing this. Maybe if more people were aware of the actual companies that are on a "black list" more pilots can avoid these areas of operations. I for one would be glad to pass that information on to people that inquire about it.