View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 12:53 PM
NuGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Originally Posted by acl65pilot View Post
Dawgs;
I will answer a question with a question. Can DPA do better in this situation for furloughed pilots? Will they have the scope of influence to force the issue on other carriers?

I was honking mad that scope was relaxed and the regionals were allowed to explode. It stifled everyone's career progression. Each Major MEC's bargaining unit and those that voted for it are to blame for these scope changes. (Hindsight is always 20/20 so lets use it) Ch 11 is further to blame. Looking at FAE figures and trying to save them at all costs is to blame. I blame the national lack of unity and a "me" mentality that a name or organizational change will not fix. It has to come from each pilot.

In fact if you look at the domino that started it all, it started with UsAir and now they are not part of ALPA. Quite coincidental.

Scope sales were a band aid that did not last. It has in the end lead to where we are today with a great majority of people placing blame every which way. I look at all of it as lessons learned that better never be repeated. Scope sales did not help me one bit. It sure did not help anyone I know.

I will also state that the regional guys I know want scope tightened at all costs. They hate that they are faced with the possibility that they are stuck.

Point of order:

The first code-share jets at "other than mainline" were BAE 146s flown by Air Willie.

The first 'RJ' RJs had Comair markings and carried a Delta Code.

And those RJs were given away WITHOUT the arm twisting of a Bankruptcy Court. Which was worse?

Nu