View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Sink r8
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2009

Originally Posted by Jack Bauer View Post
Your demand for immediate information and seeming paranoia make you appear less concerned about who in fact ultimately will do the best job representing the Delta pilot group than you are about protecting an entrenched group from their dominant controlling position. My suggestion, take a deep breath. Give this group 60 or 90 days to release more information.

The embryo phase of any new organization with limited resources takes some time to spool up...
Jack,

This embryo argument is becoming a recurring theme, but not a particularly good point. If I was asking why they don't have emblazoned t-shirts made yet, and why I haven't received my pin, maybe I would be premature.

As for the suggestion I am only interested about preserving a certain group, I can't post the reply that first comes to mind explicitly here without violating the TOS. Or, come to think of it, the next few things that come to mind. If you're attacking my integrity, or questionning my interest in this group, there isn't much to talk about. I'm not defending anyone that's entrenched for the sake of defending them, nor am I affiliated with any group. I do think this MEC has served us well, and I support them as long as I approve of their actions. Nothing less, nothing more.

At any rate, settng aside this discussion about my character and intentions, and since it's DPA that's stepping up to a decertification effort, let's talk about them, and what they're failing to do.

I'm only asking that an organization that wants to represent us, and control our destiny, has the intellectual honesty to explain what it is, and who is backing it. It doesn't get more basic, or more critical than that. Beyond that, I think an organization that launches its' identity via a website is stepping into the world, ready to be scrutinized. Or should be ready, anyway. Is this the future for us, a union that is already making excuses for not turning its' homework in on time?

It's not my desire to find this out that is paranoid; it's your interest in decertifying a union for an alternative without knowing anything of substance about this "embryo" that is disconcerting.

At any rate, you are welcome to the last word. I'm pretty much spent on this issue. I'll see if this embryo gets past the "fail" state its' in right now. I agree with many here (including with your last two paragraphs) on several issues a) Prater needs to go, b) ALPA National is not a source of pride and could use a clean-up, c) DALPA's communications efforts suck, and d) maybe this DPA threat will effect some positive changes.

Last edited by Sink r8; 09-23-2010 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Editing... and Exiting