View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 04:47 PM
gloopy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat

Originally Posted by iceman49 View Post
It seems to work in the other companies, gloop...we just punch the time card like everyone else. It does require more to get where we are, but the compensation is greater, if you don't have the boys loading the bags or if they get on the wrong aircraft, guess what our great flying skills don't mean much to that paying pax. The union provides certain protections, don't you think the other groups deserve the same?
Sure they do. However applying that logic, every work group in every profession in the country should unionize. Not sure anyone can make the case for that though. I respect what the other work groups do and I want them to earn fair pay, working conditions and job security. I just don't agree that everyone gaining the power to shut the whole thing down unless their demands are met will be good for anyone in the long run, especially when politics of national unions and political parties comes into play.

Delta has done a pretty good job regarding the other work groups compared to most. That is why they are so far not unionized. I think the number of unionized groups will increase due to inheriting and when that happens the sun will still rise. I just don't think every work group should unionize. However in the end of the day it will be their choice.