View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 07:09 PM
DAL 88 Driver
At home on the maddog!

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: ATL MD-88A

Originally Posted by scambo1 View Post
----------

Although not directed at me, I'll take a whirl: What I have seen at former NWA base(s) is the majic marker graffiti that says something to the effect of

"ALPA the only union not recognizing DOH"

While this may not be directly related to DPA, "perception is reality" and "there's a little truth in everything."

Again, this DPA thing is not the same as USAPA, but there is likely some root in SLI dissatisfaction IMO.
Again, I would ask you to point to anything from DPA that talks about SLI dissatisfaction being part of the "root" of why the organization was started. I have found nothing of the sort. Their web site is full of reasons as to why they think DPA would be a better choice for our pilot group. Dissatisfaction with the SLI is not one of them.

As for the graffiti... I'll take your word for it. (Although I have not seen it.) But even so, I don't see how you make the connection that it is a "root" issue with DPA. Again, the AJC article we are discussing could easily leave the reader with that impression. I think this is inaccurate reporting and misleading.