View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Carl Spackler
Back on TDY

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 747-400 Captain

Originally Posted by Pineapple Guy View Post
We've all hashed this before - but I'm willing one more time. It is my opinion that making that statement accomplishes nothing. Just look at APA. They very clearly stated their goals (which is to bring wages to inflation adjusted parity with 1985(?); what's not "fair" about that) for FOUR years, and what have they accomplished? Zilch. Zip. Nada.

Words mean nothing - unless they are backed up with action. I'd rather an MEC speak softly and accomplish something, rather than beat their chests loudly, shouting "RESTORATION" from the top of every roof top - for FOUR years - and yet accomplish nothing.... at least up until now.

But that's just my opinion.
I disagree with you PG. I think what APA is doing is extremely important for all of us. They are fighting the battle against NMB who are massively abusing their authority by refusing to declare an impasse. A judge will ulitmately have to step in and do what the NMB refuses to do, and that will define a new process that NMB will no longer be able to flout.

If APA just caved in order to get something, then NMB will not be held to account and the process may not be properly defined. It's not a guarantee that we'll get this defined afterwards, but APA's fight is a fight for all of us. IMO.

Carl