View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 06:06 AM
Carl Spackler
Back on TDY

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 747-400 Captain

Originally Posted by dckozak View Post
Aren't open forums great! One guy knock anothers "facts" with his own "facts".

Look Carl, your right, flying more than 8 hours in a day in more fatiguing than less.
This is strange. First you tell me I'm just knocking some other guy with my own "facts", then you say I'm right. You seem confused.

This may disturb purists that believe that science and our unique prospective should be the only views taking into consideration when changing flight and duty time regulations,
Look Einstein, it's not pilot "purists" that believe this. There is NO study in existence that states fatigue is improved by working longer hours. If I'm wrong, I trust you'll post the study.

If you want to argue that no increase is flight time under any circumstances is permissible we will play right into the hands of the ATA, CAA, and and every other group who see pilots as a cost, safety as an expense, accidents as , "the cost of doing business".
Unbelievable. The facts and science are clearly on our side, but we play into their hands if we refuse to compromise? Wow. You are a manager's/regulator's dream!

Carl