View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 09:38 AM
Splash
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2010
Position: Boeing Boss

Originally Posted by tsquare View Post
No.. it would require getting elected, and national doesn't want anybody that will rock the boat. They would rather have the guys that have no passion and are (in your opinion) on the right track....
Ahhh..."National" controls elections.

Got it!

Jedi Mind Control allows Prater to determine how you will vote. I always wondered what mysterious force was pulling me away from the cookies at LEC meetings, and forcing me to nominate and vote for EXACTLY the pilots Prater wanted in office! His power is so mighty, his re-election was a landslide victory...

Uh Oh! Your theory failed Test 1.

The "right track" is trying to do the right thing, even when the government, the courts, the ATA, and your management are all resisting it. It takes volunteers who can set priorities in the face of that resistance, and do their best...even when 5-10% of their fellow pilots are screaming at them to "kick some butts, NOW!"

Carl is complaining about the pilots who've stepped up, and he wants a new group to step up...because, Hey!, there's no way anyone will complain about THOSE guys! I'd like to know if Carl is going to be one of the pilots to step up. Will you step up?

I watched the PFAA replace a big union through a similar method of tapping into anger. The Teamsters were sent packing. The age of exclusive self-interest was ushered in. Guess how successful the homegrown, in-house, un-bloated union was at accomplishing ANYTHING?

They weren't. At all. They were a bunch of angry screamers who got NOTHING done to help their members. Oh, they were loud...but they got NOTHING done. Zero.

Eventually, PFAA was replaced at Northwest by the AFA.

Maybe I can find a PFAA pin on eBay and convince the DPA gang to just superimpose their spiffy logo on top of it. Or better yet, an hourglass, to represent the elapsed time from when pilots listened to angry guys with no specific plan, to when they recognized their mistake.