View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 01:27 PM
acl65pilot
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

Bar, you make a ton of great points over the last few pages.

WRT DAL's 1113C proceeding, at the end of the day, the pilots voted for it. Saying that one organization over the other would have done differently is 1) convenient, and 2) hearsay.

Pilots are stating that their "union" told them to vote this way. Well, yes they did. I say quit faulting your union, we all seem to have type "A" personalities when it suits us and portray little sheep being lead to slaughter when it doesn't. Think freely, and vote your conscience, not what someone tells you to do. Changing a name plaque will not change the way pilot group votes.

Like many have wrote, before anything can really happen here, one must change the apathy here. Change that and whomever the association's name is, it will result in a better trend.

* Note as I read the law, if a judge imposed a contract on a labor group after throwing one out in the 1113C process, that contract immediately becomes amendable after 1113C protection ends. To me that means that if one was imposed, the day DAL would have excited 1113C protection, we would of snapped back to the pre 1113C PWA or would have immediately begun a section six. Agreements like LOA 51 supersede this part of the code and last beyond 1113C since they are agreed to, and not imposed.