Old 11-23-2010, 11:55 AM
Wiskey Driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Default All I could say was WOW! (more USA East/West)

So I am departing the east coast yesterday and we get the usual jumpseaters heading west. I decided to go out and grab a coffee prior to departure and noticed a pilot waiting, I have a hard time saying company pilot because every since we BOUGHT that trash pit USair its been one nightmare after another. So he was an east guy and you all know the type, entitled to everything but brought ZERO except to this abortion of a merger except his furlough date.

Well he was waiting I think hoping to get a seat in the back as opposed to having to come up and ask to ride with us. Hey I passed that whole jumpseat hostage thing now anyway. So he lucks out and gets a seat in back (THANK GOD). I usually get done with all my pre departure items very early as I hate having to scramble at the last minute. So I am standing in the cockpit door way greeting the pax as they board and in he comes. I put on my best attitude which is very difficult for me when I am faced with them as it is. I say " hey whats up bro" and I get only rolled eyes back. The flight attnd asked "did he just snub you? I said yeah but no worries as I completely understand his childishness. I told her he is the worst the industry has to offer and he knows it. He looks at me and sees that even though we work under the same banner, I have better pay and benefits. He is stuck for the foreseeable future welded to the right seat of a narrow body a/c making what our west 5yr fo's make which aint great but its better then they have and that keeps me warm at night!!! She laughed and said "small minds" I said yup that they own outright.

WD.