View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 04:54 PM
WHACKMASTER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: DOWNGRADE COMPLETE: Thanks Gary. Thanks SWAPA.

Originally Posted by pilotrob23 View Post
Do you guys think this may also take awhile for the SLI, or are both parties hoping this goes quickly?!
I don't speak for all, but I think it's safe to say that the majority of pilots from both airlines want this to get done as quickly and smoothly as possible, so that we can get to the task at hand of growth and expansion.

What I'm hearing from our MC is that they expect the SLI to be done by the end of 2011 AT THE EARLIEST. They are optimistic about things, but you have to realize that since we'll be employing a three panel arbitration team, you now have to coordinate the schedules of two MCs and three arbitrators not just one. This will have the obvious effect of the SLI not being so expeditious, but I think both the AAI and SWA pilots are happy that the award will not be handed out by just one person. There's much less likelihood of an award that's "way out in left field" when you have a multiple arbitrators.

Most important is the preservation of the culture at SWA, so again an award that is completely one-sided will not help in cultivating that culture going forward. That'd be a crying shame.