Old 12-30-2010, 03:41 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

“We are going to conduct all of our training flights in a two-pilot cockpit configuration to develop good crew coordination skills. The student and instructor will work together as a cockpit ‘team.’”
Does this mean that they are ALWAYS going to have someone backing them up, watching over their shoulder, pointing out their mistakes, keeping them honest?

I know that those all ALL benefits of a two-pilot cockpit, but there (at least in my training history) has been great benefit to having some training (and responsibility) for doing it all yourself at some point.

Is this the beginning of the Multi-Crew license that has been bantered about on this board before?

There is another thread on here about training on the G1000, and a good point is made that if you KNOW what environment that you are going to be flying in (in that case regarding avionics), then you should train in that environment. If these pilots are never going to be in a cockpit alone (strictly multi-crewed airline cockpits) then maybe there is something to be said for this - but personally I don't like the idea (but I am admittedly old fashioned in most of my training views)

USMCFLYR