Part Time Employee
MaxKts
Part Time Employee
close
  • Joined APC
    Jul 2006
  • Position
    Dispersing Green House Gasses on a Global Basis
Quote: I'm not sure this is accurate. I am sure someone will fill in the many gaps I will leave.

You should certainly get the trip guarantee you were originally awarded. In addition, if the schedule DH was cancelled or changed, you should get your pairing revised to reflect a legal dead head sequence. They may build you a pairing that might indicate an earlier show time, but the good news is that your dead head bank will not be any smaller and your CH should be more. I have not had the opportunity to try this myself, but I have read on more than one ALPA email, that you should keep track of the scheduled deadhead actual block times. If those flights are canceled or delayed, you are entitled to any additional CH that would have been paid had you not deviated. But you have to contact Crew Scheduling and have them verify your data and fix your pay.

Don't throw in the towel just yet. You could be entitled to more money.
Since we gave crew scheduling the ability to break up pairings and make separate ones for the CAP and FO/RFO you will not get anything extra once you deviate.

If skeds had rewritten the pairing for all crewmembers then you could get extra for the changes.