View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 05:58 PM
thor2j
Banned

Joined APC: May 2010

Originally Posted by SOTeric View Post
That just about sums it up. The number of LAX pilots in this bid just about equals the number of CAL recalls. And yet, not ONE UA recall.

Any reason why the latest CO recall couldn't have been 50/50 CO/UA? After all, were one, big, happy merger of equals right?

Twice furloughed, ex-LAX pilot.
There are no recalls on this LAX bid. I'm not sure where the wires got crossed. CAL recalled all it's furloughed pilots last October. This latest bid is flat! There are no recalls. Crews are being shifted and reduced (large 787 reduction) to cover the new LAX bid. I suspect that there will be no recalls (UAL pilots) at CAL until after the JCBA and SLI are complete. CAL historically DOES NOT hire or train during the summer.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a recall to CAL until the FAll at the earliest...if then. I think the JCBA will be the only impetus for recall/growth. There were pilots recalled in October who did not come back. Those positions have not been filled. It appears to me that the company does not intend to staff them any time soon.

Last edited by thor2j; 02-09-2011 at 07:08 PM.