View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 07:06 AM
ron kent
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010
Position: 737 capt

Originally Posted by kc135driver View Post
I said this on the old UAL site and I'll say it here:

There is no reason the next recall can't be to the UAL side. None. And don't give me the "well CAL has aircraft orders" crap. Frickin adjust your block hours by 1%, it is completely allowed in the contract. Instead we seem to be stuck in this subservient, self-defecating mind frame. We've been taking this and not complaining for far too long. What next, park a couple UAL 767-200s so CAL exercise a few more 787 options?

And no, this is not a gripe against our CAL brethren, they are along for the ride just like us.

UAL MEC - grow a pair, please! Your lack of action has disenfranchised 1437 of you supposed members.

Yes, I know my spelling stinks-

KC

2xfurlough, hired in the last century and still being outsourced by everyone else
The truth of the matter is this; JCBA work rule changes will trigger recalls. Those bids will mostly be to what is now CAL flying and domiciles. Any recalls to what is now UA flying before 2013 will go to the vol furloughs who will be senior enough to hold those bids.

The only thing the MEC's can do for you is get a contract that has the scope and workrules that bring you back ASAP. If they were not working to do that, we would already have a TA and you would not like it.

I hope when it is all said and done, we will have a contract that will make comming back a no-brainer.

Take care, Ron

Last edited by ron kent; 02-10-2011 at 07:11 AM. Reason: sp