View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 06:39 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by usmc-sgt View Post
Sorry, I had a brain freeze and meant to comment on Purdue and not UND...I have no idea what UND offers. My response was in reference to Purdue.

Other USMC, I believe you misread the job offer part.
I did. Thanks.

Originally Posted by FlyPurdue View Post
All,
None of the 3 jobs where flying, just in the industry weather revenue management, or strategic marketing, and I really want to be a pilot in the interim, so i tuned the 3 non flying jobs down, and kept the cfi gig going.

The Phenom program is not in full swing yet, but students entering the fall of 2011 will get typed in the aircraft 70/30 (70% in a simulator, 30% in the aircraft) once typed, students will fly the aircraft for university executive travel as PIC (in the left seat) while a type rated professor will be sitting in the right seat. All and all, a good program, and quite unique!

Cheers!
Our school President flew in a Beech 18 for a time being and I believe that they had something similar going for some students from the University's flight program but I'm not sure.

My school (FBO - not University) did have an arraignment for a time where you could train through their program then your first job would be as SIC in the P-Navajos they flew as part of a -135 outfit (?).

Right as I was getting ready to graduate they bought a bunch of Do-228s (man what UGLY aircraft those were!), but I guess they thought they were bigger than they actually were and they went out of business not long before I graduated. When I did, I called down to the new office in Fort Worth and said "Hey....here I am with my fresh ME Comm w/Instr rating. I'm ready for my first flying job!"
I swear I could hear them laughing at me even without the phone!

USMCFLYR

Edit - I actually tried looking it up and came across this on Wiki. This brings back some memories (and ensures that the memory is still sharp after some years down the road!)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exec_Express_Airlines

Last edited by USMCFLYR; 02-17-2011 at 07:43 PM.