View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 12:47 PM
ImperialxRat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

College was an absolute blast... if nothing else go for the experience! Since you already have two decent jobs you could most likely do them part time while finishing your degree, and finish up with a lot of time, and low debt.

But if you don't want to go that route... No matter what your next job, it will probably pay you less than you are making now. If you are okay with that, then there are the regionals for a quick entry into turbine planes, or go 135 cargo and get some solid single pilot time.

You said you turned down two jobs because you didn't like the company?... makes me wonder why you applied there, and also I think you should probably realize that you won't like a few of the companies you work for throughout aviation. There is usually something wrong, whether it be their manuals suck, their pay is bad, their schedule is bad, its a 1970's model recip aircraft, etc.

I guess since you are so young you have the option of laying back and being picky. Hopefully starting your career at such a young age won't lead you to be burnt out and angry at life at 30yrs old =)

Best of luck, feel free to keep asking questions.