View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 12:39 PM
TANSTAAFL
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Still in one

I like the arguments about work rules because it requires an accurate costing of there value to determine the percentage improvement of a contract and we have the same data for when/if the Co. comes to us with their hand out. I would expect the MEC to present these values as part of any future TA.

Without the costing of those work rules the only thing you have to go on is pay rates, hence the survey. Work rules must be quantifiable in what they yield. To wit one will usually net more with an upgrade to the left seat over an incremental pay raise. Yet do the work rules allow for perhaps a more efficient schedule that allows you to make more for your day at the office but requires less staffing delaying upgrades? We need the whole picture, not just the one either the MEC and/or the Co. want to paint for us.

I find it very interesting that some here are saying, the above notwithstanding, that pay is not that important. I hope you don't have anything to do with the union. Next you'll be defending the Co. can only afford to pay XY or Z.

Last edited by TANSTAAFL; 02-23-2011 at 01:35 PM.