View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Fool Me Twice
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2011
Position: Bench Warmer-Put me in coach!

Originally Posted by kc135driver View Post
You are correct except that it is a new hire, pay protected to what you last made at UAL. These will not be "recalls" unless the list is merged, plain and simple. In fact in some ways, it is worse than actually being recalled back to UAL for the following pitfalls:

1) If trans agreement expires, you get to take another 50% pay cut to CAL 1st pay.
2) You are frozen in a domicile you were never based before, getting to commute to reserve for what 2 years, with no chance of getting to a UAL base.
3) No UAL longevity carries over, ie newhire vacation, SL, etc. etc.
3a) Will any accrued CAL seniority be counted once SLI is over?
4) Your pay will not go up until we either get a new contract or your new CAL rate exceeds your last UAL rate (which is like 5 years for me, oh and by the way, this is what I was making back in 2000)
5) And worse yet, you have to buy new uniforms

Can we see why somebody might leave the CAL side and go to UAL once officially recalled. Don't get me wrong, better than working at Walmart, but IMHO a royal disservice by our MEC. We should have gotten something better. Of course we 2172/1450 are used to second tier choices such as uh, zero $ from the bond, miniscule shares of stock post bk, and having our MEC pay insurance in lieu of a job.

KC
This sucks worse than the current job market! How many T-Shirts do we need before we have paid our dues?