View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 11:29 AM
tsquare
No longer cares

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 767er Captain

Originally Posted by KC10 FATboy View Post
Leinelodge, your thinking boggles my mind. Why wouldn't we want our company to be efficient? And why in the world would you want more pilots? (Assuming the same amount of flying) If the flying stays constant and we keep bringing on more people, that means less money in our pockets and less money the company makes (again, profit sharing less money in my pocket -- company not healthy long term). When I'm at work, I would rather fly fly fly and make my trips more productive; therefore, getting my monthly hours in the shortest number of days which translates into more days off. In other words, maximize the paycheck, maximize the days off.

I don't understand your point and I've been on reserve for a while now. We only have 6 days of SC. I don't see what is so illusory. If you were required to sit 15 days of SC, wouldn't scheduling "have to reel you in" on every day of those SC days? Why would it be any different? I'm asking because I don't understand your point.
How is your category manned? Unless there are "excess" reserves everyday, NO-ONE can drop swap trips with open time (unless you are swapping with the same exact day, and then I'm not so sure) There either needs to be a slop factor that allows for swapping when there are ANY reserves available, or they need more bodies. I understand what you are saying about being productive, but you above as a reserve should realize that this is a myth. When was the last time you filled up before the end of the month? They will break up rotations and use a reserve for only a portion of a published trip... just because they can... Personally, I think the company should have to justify - with historical data - the number of SCs USED every day.. and come up with a number for each bid month. Then divide the number of reserves by that number and the reserves bid on when they wanna sit SC. Add another to the schedule.. and it's pay no credit. Or am I missing your point?