View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 09:06 PM
WHACKMASTER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: DOWNGRADE COMPLETE: Thanks Gary. Thanks SWAPA.

Originally Posted by mastercraft View Post
This truly should be the easiest part of this process! And its now taken nearly 6 months...and ALPA still can't nail down their own language.

Apparently, language which they inserted months ago is just now not passing the smell test for their attorneys.

If the ALPA Merger Committee can't handle the task of negotiating, maybe they should just send their attorneys to talk with our SWAPA NC.

I can only imagine how the actual process of negotiating SLI is going to get drawn out. Even with a process agreement, it seems ALPA will find ways to stretch the timeline.
Stretch the timeline out?! Are you effing nuts? I just spewed my Fruity Pebbles all over the screen. Thanks a lot. Do tell why we'd want to "drag the timeline out"? Afterall, according to many SWA pilots on this forum, we're in for a windfall. Well, if that's the case then let's get to it, right?

Allow me to enlighten the bystanders on what's started to happen. SWAPA has begun the political manuevering to put them in a position of leverage over the pilots of AirTran Airways AND their own management. Yes, you read that right....their own management, too. How do I know? Let's just say that I heard it straight from the horse's mouth through numerous lengthy conversations. Actually, I should say horses' mouth. Don't ask me to elaborate on this part.

Look people, it's the same ol' song and dance. The pilots of AAI should feel privileged and lucky to become a SWA pilot if this deal goes through. That's all well and good, but in the meantime we should also be willing to take an ass-raping and feel good about it. Gimme' a break folks.

ATTN SWAPA: Looking forward to the increased pay & benefits. Looking forward to working under a culture that's literally the opposite side of the spectrum from ours. Looking forward to wanting to do good for my company again instead of wondering how I can phuck them harder than they just phucked me (again). Here's the most important part that you need to immerse yourself in......... NOT WILLING TO BE RAILROADED, HOODWINKED, DISRESPECTED, OR DUPED INTO SOMETHING THAT'S LESS THAN FAIR. Believe it or not, we actually feel that we bring some things to the table (yes, I can list these items if you really need me to). The vast majority of my fellow AAI pilots feel as such. You can take that to the bank.

Disclaimer: "FAIR" is defined differently by every single person. Just realize that our definition of fair is probably a lot closer to what most of the bystanders here (and probably the three arbitrators as well) would define it as than what you would define it as.