View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 09:13 AM
CptMrgn
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Originally Posted by JJOSH122 View Post
I submitted my PASI (Preapplication Statement of Intent) over 6 months ago and finally got the call last week; they are finally starting the process. My first meeting with the POI is next week. I'll keep you all updated on how it goes, but I can already tell it is going to be very demanding and challenging. I am very excited about going through the process, as I enjoy challenges like this. I recently completed the process of attaining 501c(3) status for my non-profit organization, and this is my next project. I currently manage a Baron 58 and a King Air C90 that will go on my certificate (Does anyone have any feedback on the profitability of these aircraft in a charter environment?). My goal is to have my certificate in hand and operational by July 1.
I've flown both Pt 135 and all I know is that Beechcraft are expensive to fix and get parts for. Other than that they provide a stable and proven platform. Both are nice rides and quite honestly the King Air gives people that feel of turbine equipment for a fraction of the price. I had one passenger book a flight on a KA 200 from BUF-BIL with a stop in STP for fuel. He just liked the King Air over the Lear Jet. Some people just like what they like and are comfortable with it. Also, first time charters like the King Air 90 because it doesn't break the relative bank and they still feel important because it's a little bigger and is turbine powered. Good luck!