Old 03-25-2011, 08:42 AM
BE58 Driver
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Default Getting out...

I am going thru the same discussion with myself right now. A little of my story...I got hired at a major airline at the age of 30 and all was going to plan. Then like a lot of people; the industry happened and I was out of a job. Luckily I found a new job even before I was furloughed and now I talk to airplanes instead of fly them. I go to work every day in a dark room and stare at a scope. Do you know how bad it sucks to work 5 sometimes 6 days a week every week. Some days I like it and think this is the greatest job ever, but most I am truly unhappy. I thought if I could only go to the same place and be home every night that would be awesome. Imagine how much I could see my family I thought. Well it's not true my wife works a real job and I see her less now then I did when I was flying! Well I am living proof the grass is not always greener. I have a job that comes with good pay, good benefits, and supposedly good job security. So I have started to get myself back in the game. I am not going to quit cold turkey and jump back into flying even if that may be the best way back in. I am going to slowly start flying again and attempt to get back into it and see where life takes me. I have started applying to jobs, but like most the regionals don't work due to the pay. I do have recall rights so that is always an option. Of course who knows when that will happen or maybe after I get out of training in my current job I'll like it a lot more and want to stay. After all that droning on I guess what I am saying is it's a tough decision and even after almost 3 years of being out I am still not sure what path I want to take. Good luck!