View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 08:23 PM
jet320
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: A319 320 321 LEFT GOOOOOD

Originally Posted by Rsrv4ever View Post
Hello all,

Ive searched the website for this topic before posting this new thread but I was unable to find anything like it. I am looking to apply at Emirates possibly in a couple of years and I have some questions regarding my past. 3 years ago I was convicted of a class 4 misdemeanor (intoxication in public) in the state of virginia, and no it cannot be expunged ever in this glorious "country" that is the commonwealth. This is the only thing on my record other than a speeding ticket 7 years ago. I know the application asks for any drug or alcohol related convictions and of course I would have to say yes and explain. My question is, how much is this conviction going to affect the chances of being selected for an interview? is it going to be 100% absolutely no way of being selected or 100% dont care about the conviction? I have a feeling its somewhere in the middle, but not sure to what end of the spectrum. I know time heals all wounds and that the future holds a possibly better outlook for pilot hiring. Thank you for all of your replies, sorry if this is in the wrong posting section. I wasnt sure weather to post in foreign or law?

From ex-pat point of view! Be a honest and forthcoming as you are being here! You learn from your mistakes! Like most of us! apply,

Cheers