View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 06:33 AM
Coach67
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Originally Posted by A320 View Post
United Airlines pilot union chief faces recall vote - chicagotribune.com

The chairwoman of United Airlines' pilots union could be ousted Monday in a dispute over the pace and tone of contract negotiations with the carrier's management, sources told the Tribune.

Captain Wendy Morse, the first woman to head a major U.S. pilots union, faces a recall vote as United's Air Line Pilots Association leaders gather for a quarterly meeting in Chicago on Monday. Morse, through a spokesman, declined to comment.

A defeat of Morse could signal the start of labor strife that new United CEO Jeff Smisek has sought to avoid as he melds recently merged Continental Airlines and United into the world's largest carrier and negotiates contracts with every employee group, analysts said.

"I don't see anything good coming out of this, if the idea is to get a joint collective bargaining agreement out in as short a period as possible," said William Swelbar, labor expert and research engineer with the MIT International Center for Air Transportation. "Recalling your master chairperson in the middle of negotiations is never good for continuity."

The mayhem is unusual even for the cutthroat world of airline pilot politics, sources said. Morse survived a recall vote before she took office at the start of 2010. And the leaders of the union's Washington, D.C., pilots' council also face a recall vote on April 22 for aiding the effort to dump Morse.
If those idiots recall the MEC Chairman in the middle of contract negotiations, I hope the DC pilots are p!$$ed enough to recall the DC Reps as well!

First they recall their Negotiating Committee and replace them with people with no negotiating experience ... then surprise surprise ... when they don't get a contract when they want one ... they blame it on the MEC Chairman. What next? Replace an experienced MEC Chairman with one with no experience? Or worse yet; one that did nothing but preside over Wrist Bands, Hats Off, and an injunction? That sounds about par for half the idiots on the UAL-MEC.

If they replace the current MEC with the imbecile that presided over the MEC when the injunction was imposed, I'm turning in my ALPA wings in disgust! We’ll never get the contract we deserve with idiotic antics like this. God Help us all!

I hope the CAL guys take notice of how NOT to do things! Plebian politics is nothing more than uninformed juveniles acting on emotion and not taking responsibility for their own mistakes!