View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Lambourne
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: B777 Capt

[QUOTE=AUtigerpilot;985001]
Do they have a completely different business model, perhaps. Different product? Probably.
How is their model different? They provide transportation between A and B. They will sell seats below their cost to try to get a foot in the door. They rely on mercenary labor to help offset the losses and try to paint themselves as a "different" type of airline.

All the failed carriers said they were different. I won't name them all but the landscape is riddled with "different".

Here's a quick question: If the VX financial situation is so dire, what's to gain by having ALPA come in, take dues, **** off VX management, and pollute the water there?
I don't care if they are represented by the Boy Scouts of America. VX is not a company that I want to see survive.

You plan to deny VX pilots to your jumpseat? Be very careful, tides turn and fortunes change. Glass houses and all.
I am not denying them the jumpseat. I am preventing them from enduring the terrible service we supposedly offer. Trying to help them not be subjected to the inadequacies of our service. Heck, by saying NO I am doing them a favor it would seem.