Thread: Compass will be in Dallas"s Air Inc.

ryane946 , 01-03-2007 02:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off
ryane946
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Dec 2005
  • Position
    FO, looking left
Quote:
NWA did not allow for a 90 seat jet to be operated by any regional in their system. They may operate a CERTIFICATED 90 seat airplane but only put 76 seats in it. I don't believe you will see this happen.
I believe you will. I am pretty sure Northwest ordered EMB-175's and CRJ-900's. Delta ordered a few CRJ-900's and put 76 seats in them. Jetblue took their 156 seat A320's, and took out a row to make them 150 to cut a flight attendent off of every flight. What makes you think Northwest won't fly these 90 seat sized aircraft configured with 76 seats.

As I have stated in my previous posts, OUTSOURCING THIS FLYING IS THE WORST POSSIBLE OUTCOME FOR ANY FUTURE NORTHWEST PILOTS. Not only will they be paid less when they are flying these 90 seat aircraft, but they will not be on the Northwest seniority list.
That is so terrible. Lets say a pilot flys CRJ-900's at a regional partner for 4 years, then gets hired by Northwest. Say in his 4th year he is FO on the 757. If the CRJ-900's were at Northwest, he would get 8th year pay when flying the 757, and that is a BIG DIFFERENCE! That means that EVERY year a pilot flies for Northwest, they are making less than they should because they would have had more years of service with the company. Essentially they are being paid less to fly the same mainline equipment.

Damn. I can't believe how bad they messed their scope clause up.