View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 04:26 PM
DAL 88 Driver
At home on the maddog!

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: ATL MD-88A

Originally Posted by PCL_128 View Post
Significant pay increases are a very realistic and attainable goal. Management doesn't think that they can't afford them, so that's a false argument. Management will fight as hard as they can to pay you as little as possible, but they know that they can afford significant increases. Completely getting rid of outsourcing is a much different story, though. I don't see any possibility that you'll convince them that just dropping regional code sharing is in their best interests. You'll need to be a little bit more creative than that.
Almost every bit of that is simply your opinion... nothing more, nothing less. And you take my argument to the extreme. Yes, I would love to see them completely get rid of all outsourcing. But that's not what I suggested. I do think it's possible to get rid of most of it. But that will take time because there are contracts that have to be dealt with. In any case, I still think that outsourcing is hurting our profession, results in a bad product for our customers (and therefore ultimately hurts, not helps, our company), and is a safety issue. You are free to disagree all you want. But that won't change what I have observed and what I have learned during a lifetime of paying attention to business (including a business degree and experience in business) and my 34 years in aviation. In the end, it's simply my opinion versus yours... and this is an anonymous public web board. So we can all take this stuff FWIW. Good luck to you with that management job!