View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 05:00 PM
scambo1
The Brown Dot +1

Joined APC: Jun 2009
Position: 777B

Originally Posted by DAL 88 Driver View Post
Not sure where you get this from. You and I both obviously agree that outsourcing is a bad thing and needs to stop. The place where we seem to disagree is that the regional pilots, by virtue of the fact they are flying our passengers, automatically makes them qualified to fly Delta passengers. I think this is wrong. Just look at the Colgan accident in Buffalo for one glaring example of why.

I want higher standards (actually, just the standards that we had for decades) for this profession, not lower ones. I think that higher standards and higher quality equates to higher compensation in a free marketplace. What we've been experiencing for the past decade is not the free market at work. It's irresponsible management at work. And, ultimately, the market will correct that. People are not going to want to fly with this guy as their Captain:

Captain Tommy

The sooner ALPA stops condoning this crap, the sooner it is likely to start being corrected.

ALPA is the largest advocate of the toilet bowl affect on the career. They just can't help themselves and keep on flushing.