View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Adlerdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain

Originally Posted by MacGuy2 View Post
I gotta tell you that I find that hard to believe...Instead of "some 777 Capts" why don't you throw out some names (initials). I don't believe the 777 Capts (and F/Os) are any different than any other group of Capts here at FE. Now, if this happened on an AF 777, then it makes sense, but certainly not because "I don't want to mess it up." It's a dixie cup mask issue.

Let's not stir the pot without good reason.

MG2
You might find it hard to believe, but it IS happening. It's not an Air France jet / dixie cup issue, either. Sorry I don't have initials but this is info I've gotten straight from those denied.

I've flown two HKG commuters who have been denied the JS for the "since there's 4 of us, we don't want to have you cluttering up the back" reason. The first guy had to go MEM-ANC-ICN because he was denied MEM-ICN. He was on our JS from ANC-ICN with a line-check and an RFO (and an MD-11 with a hard bulkhead). Think we were "cluttered"? But we got the guy to work because to do otherwise is just wrong.

The other guy was coming back from HKG and told us his denial story, too - same reason. A third pilot asked for Captains permission by email and the reply told him to make sure he brought his air mattress and sleeping bag because he was going to be behind the bulkhead with the freight.

I was talking to a 777 FO on IOE in the Jet Lag last summer and he was telling me about this "it's cluttered back there" attitude and Captains who were denying jumpseats. I tried to tell him that needed to get nipped in the bud. These guys were going to start doing it, decide it's okay within their little clique and pretty soon it's accepted operations. I guess I was right.

Last edited by Adlerdriver; 05-11-2011 at 07:44 PM.