View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 01:52 PM
gonyon
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
OH for pete's sake, give me a break! Lets count how many 2nd and 3rd year Colgan pilots exist (hundreds and hundreds) and count how many 18-year Colganites exist. You could probably count those on one hand. Be honest. How many 18-year Colgan pilots are there? Pinnacle is absolutely right. We do not want 2 year Colgan guys senior to 6 year Pinnacle guys. Because there are hundreds and hundreds of Colgan guys that are at the 2 to 3 year mark. And if a 6-year Pinnacle guys gets ahead of an 18-year Colgan guy, how many are we really talking? From what I've read, there is one Colgan guy that is a 1992 DOH, and then the most senior Colgan guy drops to 1999 DOH. Is this true? Then, we are talking about a 12 year guy versus a 6 year guy.

"Fair and equitable" needs to consider past history. I don't think it was "fair and equitable" for our airline to magically form a holding company overnight, called Pinnacle holdings, and then told I work for Pinnacle Airlines INC. And then holdings purchased Colgan, and used Pinnacle Inc money (the 191 million NWA bankruptcy note) to buy 15 Q400s for Colgan, all the while telling us that our ALPA contract proposal would bankrupt Pinnacle Inc. To me, that was not "fair and equitable." Colgan grew exponentially while Pinnacle became stale, at our expense, and while Colgan continued to receive deliveries of new aircraft, new hires, upgrades, we downgraded twice and displaced twice.

The overwhelming majority of Colgan pilots here are 2007 or later DOH (hey, that's like almost 70% of the group), and to me, it gets a little tiring of hearing how they could be 'screwed' in an integration when they have barely 1-3 years in this industry altogether. So don't at Pinnacle, or at their proposal. Of the three proposals, I'd argue Pinnacle's was most fair, then Mesaba's DOH.

Good day.
And how was the pcl method fair to the mesaba pilots? also, how is putting 5-10 yr colgan guys all below the most junior of junior pcl guys? please explain your definition of fair.

actually, never mind, because I really don't care. I realize that you are caught up in old drama that has nothing to do with me. Your pilot group is plain angry at the world and that is what was really driving the twisted logic behind the proposal. you're entire second paragraph has NOTHING to do with this three way proposal. You just want someone to pay for the wrongs of pncl management against your pilot group. Listen, it ain't me!