Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Cargo (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/cargo/)
-   -   Western Global pilots help please (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/cargo/109652-western-global-pilots-help-please.html)

Bombinha 12-02-2017 06:52 AM

Western Global pilots help please
 
I am trying to apply to Western Global. I have plenty of experience and and MD11 747 and 744 type ratings.
I am also a Floridian.
I sent my resume in using the company website but no joy.
Anyone has a better idea or way to send over my resume for next class?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

PS there is a PDF attachment on website and mentions to contact Cynthia Apricella, but it was updated in Jan/2017 so she might not even be on same position anymore. If anyone could also confirm that.
Thanks.

Riverside 12-02-2017 11:11 AM

Must have missed this a few threads down.

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/cargo/88547-western-global-airways-29.html#post2473006

Bombinha 12-02-2017 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riverside (Post 2476256)
Must have missed this a few threads down.

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/c...ml#post2473006

this link only shows that Western Global is on APC but doesn't show anything about how to apply.

Muredhawk 12-03-2017 08:06 AM

Unfortunately I don't believe that the App receiving process is any more sophisticated than an email inbox. If you have internal recs then that for sure the best way to get noticed. Otherwise its very easy to get buried in the inbound emails sent to the Career website...

Best of Luck

57N30W 12-06-2017 05:35 PM

Contact me
 
Bomb,

I like your drive. If you want to work at WGA, PM me. Yeah, I am a management puke, 747-400 Capt, and VP of Ops.

TQ

Braniff DC8 12-09-2017 01:59 PM

Dont do it
 
Bombinha! Please, I beg of you. Get or stay off that merry go round, it will kill you! A few trips in economy to India, or around the Middle East, will cure you in a hurry. They will treat like you like rubbish cause thatís what they really think of you. Go fly somewhere nice, like Hawaii or Alaska. ALL the good regionals are hiring and trust me, itís better than any 121 Charter/Supplemental, out there. You will not gain anything going to a bottom feeder. I had to learn the hard way although quickly. A crash pad in kew gardens is better than Afghanistan or Africa anyday.

No Land 3 12-09-2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braniff DC8 (Post 2480683)
Bombinha! Please, I beg of you. Get or stay off that merry go round, it will kill you! A few trips in economy to India, or around the Middle East, will cure you in a hurry. They will treat like you like rubbish cause thatís what they really think of you. Go fly somewhere nice, like Hawaii or Alaska. ALL the good regionals are hiring and trust me, itís better than any 121 Charter/Supplemental, out there. You will not gain anything going to a bottom feeder. I had to learn the hard way although quickly. A crash pad in kew gardens is better than Afghanistan or Africa anyday.

Your info is way out of date. If I wasnít at K4, these guys would be my #2

Screwed 12-10-2017 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Land 3 (Post 2480716)
Your info is way out of date. If I wasnít at K4, these guys would be my #2

Why would they be your #2? What has changed?

Colt45 12-10-2017 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Land 3 (Post 2480716)
Your info is way out of date. If I wasn’t at K4, these guys would be my #2

I know of three guys at K4 who used to work for WGA. Just did a trip last week with one of them. You may want to check with one of them before saying they'd be your #2. :D

No Land 3 12-10-2017 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colt45 (Post 2480986)
I know of three guys at K4 who used to work for WGA. Just did a trip last week with one of them. You may want to check with one of them before saying they'd be your #2. :D

A friend of mine is in training with them right now. From what he told me, they have removed all stops to get pilots to stay, one item is true home basing from anywhere in the world, so if you wanted to live in Thailand... He also expects to make 90k his first year.
The truth will be realized however once he hits the line. Yes, I know they have a reputation from the past, but again, so does K4.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:07 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands


Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1