Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2019, 08:20 AM   #2181  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robi523 View Post
No news is good news?
The last news I heard was that K2 guys will start flowing into K4 after two years with K2.
flyguy727 is offline  
Old 10-09-2019, 11:23 AM   #2182  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2017
Posts: 2,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman22 View Post
Sounds like there's nothing to it. Just a rumor.
Alright, here it is. We are getting Chaff / Flare dispensers on all the 747's, the IRP will also become a weapons officer, we are getting RWR's, and some airplanes will have hellfire missiles that we can launch at people who shine laser pointers at us.
No Land 3 is offline  
Old 10-09-2019, 11:38 AM   #2183  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Aug 2019
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Land 3 View Post
Alright, here it is. We are getting Chaff / Flare dispensers on all the 747's, the IRP will also become a weapons officer, we are getting RWR's, and some airplanes will have hellfire missiles that we can launch at people who shine laser pointers at us.
Yeah, so nothing.
sandman22 is online now  
Old 10-09-2019, 12:01 PM   #2184  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2017
Posts: 2,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman22 View Post
Yeah, so nothing.
I haven't said what because people who are in the know are contradicting each other, so I am not going to spread any rumors. Except that anyone with a 777/787 type rating who applies and sends an email to the chief pilots office may get an interview. Cough *Southern pilots* Cough....
No Land 3 is offline  
Old 10-09-2019, 12:20 PM   #2185  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Aug 2019
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Land 3 View Post
I haven't said what because people who are in the know are contradicting each other, so I am not going to spread any rumors. Except that anyone with a 777/787 type rating who applies and sends an email to the chief pilots office may get an interview. Cough *Southern pilots* Cough....
We know you're getting a few more 777's next year so it can't be that unless you're getting a lot more than that.

I would guess you're getting the Emirates 777F contract. They have about 12 of those.
sandman22 is online now  
Old 10-09-2019, 12:30 PM   #2186  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2017
Posts: 2,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman22 View Post
We know you're getting a few more 777's next year so it can't be that unless you're getting a lot more than that.

I would guess you're getting the Emirates 777F contract. They have about 12 of those.
Well, no one has dropped any names, but there is a large push right now to get a lot of 777 typed pilots.
No Land 3 is offline  
Old 10-09-2019, 05:16 PM   #2187  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2010
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
We started the contract with JAL in August. Itís I believe 3 times a week. The problem with the online schedule is it only has a couple of the contracts listed.
Ok cool. Am I right in thinking that an OAL pilot can still JS on these contacts?
hubbs is offline  
Old 10-09-2019, 05:26 PM   #2188  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2017
Posts: 2,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeTourneauAlumn View Post
I PM'd you what I was told; I guess you might have deleted without reading it?
I don't recall getting a PM from you
No Land 3 is offline  
Old 10-09-2019, 06:30 PM   #2189  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Apr 2015
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Land 3 View Post
I don't recall getting a PM from you
Yeah because you deleted it lol. It's all good, I think we are receiving this same information...

I think guys are reluctant to spill the beans because these boards are monitored...

Proud and excited how much our company has grown in the last 4 years...
LeTourneauAlumn is offline  
Old 10-09-2019, 09:49 PM   #2190  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: 747-400 FO
Posts: 546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbs View Post
Ok cool. Am I right in thinking that an OAL pilot can still JS on these contacts?
I have not heard of any specific limitations to that contract and jumpseating. The best way to find out is by calling scheduling and coordinating a jumpseat through them. All of the info is in the APC profile on here.
MoarAlpha is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Subcontract Airlines (Part 121 "Regional") winglet Regional 47 05-15-2016 10:45 PM
Any New News on Kalitta Air Hiring? alphonso1 Charter 31 12-20-2014 09:23 PM
Kalitta Air attending job fair AeroCrewSolut Cargo 6 05-16-2012 07:55 PM
DAL to replace 100 757's with 739's FastDEW Major 201 09-03-2011 07:42 AM
Pilots, Air Canada book dates to negotiate wage re-opener flystraightin Major 4 05-31-2006 07:31 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:00 PM.