Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-01-2008, 05:27 PM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Posts: 190
Default FDX-New Negotiating Committee Chairman

"Tomorrow a Special MEC Meeting will convene to begin the interview process for the open Negotiating Committee Chairman position. The Special MEC Meeting is scheduled to conclude on Thursday, December 4th.
All interviews will be conducted in open session so that interested members in good standing may attend."

Please post an immediate summation of said interrogatory on the ALPA side or email; no more Whiskey Delta excuses. (Tony C, Albie, Micro et al.) Not everyone is physically able to attend, and in this electronic age-pardon, that is giving too much license to this group of union leaders-telegraphic age, no excuse to give a timely after action report or post-mortem for this critical leadership position.
AL E NEWMAN is offline  
Old 12-01-2008, 06:09 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Deuce130's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 777 FO
Posts: 614
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL E NEWMAN View Post
"Tomorrow a Special MEC Meeting will convene to begin the interview process for the open Negotiating Committee Chairman position. The Special MEC Meeting is scheduled to conclude on Thursday, December 4th.
All interviews will be conducted in open session so that interested members in good standing may attend."

Please post an immediate summation of said interrogatory on the ALPA side or email; no more Whiskey Delta excuses. (Tony C, Albie, Micro et al.) Not everyone is physically able to attend, and in this electronic age-pardon, that is giving too much license to this group of union leaders-telegraphic age, no excuse to give a timely after action report or post-mortem for this critical leadership position.

I also hope for a timely report. But I hope I don't read it here.
Deuce130 is offline  
Old 12-01-2008, 06:09 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Micro's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Drinking from the fire hose
Posts: 305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL E NEWMAN View Post
"Tomorrow a Special MEC Meeting will convene to begin the interview process for the open Negotiating Committee Chairman position. The Special MEC Meeting is scheduled to conclude on Thursday, December 4th.
All interviews will be conducted in open session so that interested members in good standing may attend."

Please post an immediate summation of said interrogatory on the ALPA side or email; no more Whiskey Delta excuses. (Tony C, Albie, Micro et al.) Not everyone is physically able to attend, and in this electronic age-pardon, that is giving too much license to this group of union leaders-telegraphic age, no excuse to give a timely after action report or post-mortem for this critical leadership position.
I can't get on the ALPA website to reference an e-mail on who the candidates are and I don't have the candidates permission to post their names here but I'll PM them to you. I won't give you a WD excuse but I'm not seated yet,have no vote, and am not yet able to send e-mails with the union. As the meeting is in open session I would hope the union puts out some details (one of my major problems with how things have been run). I know some of the applicants and others I don't. If you know one of these guys and think they would do a great job, WRITE OR CALL YOU REP AND TELL HIM SO. Call me personally (my cells in VIPS) and I'll tell you how I saw things went. I won't sugercoat it.
Micro is offline  
Old 12-01-2008, 06:21 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Micro's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Drinking from the fire hose
Posts: 305
Default

A message line is out and on our ALPA website with the names.
Micro is offline  
Old 12-01-2008, 06:24 PM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Posts: 190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro View Post
I can't get on the ALPA website to reference an e-mail on who the candidates are and I don't have the candidates permission to post their names here but I'll PM them to you. I won't give you a WD excuse but I'm not seated yet,have no vote, and am not yet able to send e-mails with the union. As the meeting is in open session I would hope the union puts out some details (one of my major problems with how things have been run). I know some of the applicants and others I don't. If you know one of these guys and think they would do a great job, WRITE OR CALL YOU REP AND TELL HIM SO. Call me personally (my cells in VIPS) and I'll tell you how I saw things went. I won't sugercoat it.
Thanks Micro for the timely response, but I believe everyone in good standing should have received an email as to who the candidates are, but little is known of their seniority or block membership and previous experiences. Thank you for being upfront, but no disrespect intended when I say I have heard the "I will be upfront and a standup guy when I am elected(seated) routine". All I am pointing out is if we have a comm guy(do we?) lets hear some salient facts without the lawyer BS inherent in our comms.
AL E NEWMAN is offline  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:44 PM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Posts: 190
Default

Groan, no mission statement, no hi-ya how 'R ya,how'z it goin, this is me, not even a reach around. Shame on youz candidates.
AL E NEWMAN is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 12:46 AM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
FR8Hauler's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,397
Default

Dave S. should be the overwhelming choice. He is a brilliant spokesman who has done his homework and understands what is broke in our scheduling system. However, he would probably be asked to resign like FE since he is not a Kool-Aide drinker either.
FR8Hauler is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 12:53 AM   #8  
Nice lookin' tree, there!
 
frozenboxhauler's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: MD-11, old man
Posts: 2,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR8Hauler View Post
Dave S. should be the overwhelming choice. He is a brilliant spokesman who has done his homework and understands what is broke in our scheduling system. However, he would probably be asked to resign like FE since he is not a Kool-Aide drinker either.
You're right, Dave would be a fantastic choice! I've told my Rep that too.
Keep your fingers crossed, maybe we'll get lucky.
fbh
frozenboxhauler is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 03:37 AM   #9  
Slainge Var'
 
AerisArmis's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Zeppelin Tail Gunner
Posts: 1,528
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenboxhauler View Post
You're right, Dave would be a fantastic choice! I've told my Rep that too.
Keep your fingers crossed, maybe we'll get lucky.
fbh
Look up "no nonsense" in the dictionary and there is a picture of Dave.
AerisArmis is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 05:55 AM   #10  
Line Holder
 
Chunkylove's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Posts: 34
Default

Dave is an honest, bright guy, with an exceptional work ethic. Go Dave!

P.S. Can I see that picture of your daughter again, Please?
Chunkylove is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FDX LEC 26 campaign letter 2 Micro Cargo 3 11-07-2008 02:41 PM
It's About the Process (FDX) captexpress Cargo 48 11-07-2008 10:38 AM
In Honor of those FDX MEC members who tried captexpress Cargo 7 11-04-2008 03:43 AM
FDX Neg. Chairman Fired captexpress Cargo 56 10-30-2008 11:59 AM
FDX - MEC Negotiating Chairman Delco92 Cargo 127 10-28-2008 12:27 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:06 PM.