Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2014, 05:03 PM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
embraer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2008
Posts: 545
Default Atlas Question

I may have an opportunity with Atlas coming up and I'm pretty excited about it. I've been doing some research and spent the past week reading through the other Atlas threads on here.

There are only a couple of questions I couldn't find an answer to and was hoping some of you Atlas guys can help me out.

First and most importantly: days off. How many days off do typically get in between trips? How many days off do you average per month?

On Reserve, how long are call outs? If I live in DFW can I get called out from home or do I need to be at my base just in case?

That's all..I really appreciate any help and insight you guys can give. I really am excited at this opportunity.
embraer is offline  
Old 09-02-2014, 05:21 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
jumpseat2024's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: CRJ700 F/O
Posts: 353
Default Atlas Question

I might be mistaken, but I think you're an eagle guy. Congrats/good luck on the opportunity! Glad to hear some guys are able to get off this sinking ship.
jumpseat2024 is offline  
Old 09-02-2014, 06:14 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Galaxydriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2011
Position: 757/767 FO
Posts: 115
Default

Days off per month - 17 days on, the remaining part of the month is off.

Btw trips - it really depends, varies from 5 to 14 days. If you string them together you can get more off. from last month to this, a little more than 3 weeks off for me.

Reserve - R-1 is home reserve. Simple version - Contact 0700-1200, 5 hours to nearest airport. Other times, 10 hours. Depending on the situation, they may owe you a ride to the airport too.
R-2 is hotel reserve and report time is 90 min after call. Hotel provided by company.

PM me if you have more questions or more details.
Galaxydriver is offline  
Old 09-02-2014, 06:29 PM   #4  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: B744/8/LCF CA at Atlas
Posts: 78
Default

Disregard - Already answered and I was too slow typing on my iPad!

Last edited by WorldDC10; 09-02-2014 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Already answered
WorldDC10 is offline  
Old 09-02-2014, 06:53 PM   #5  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 5
Default

Is Atlas still requiring the online test before the interview? If so what material is good to study from?
speedcheck is offline  
Old 09-03-2014, 01:26 AM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
captainv's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: Knuckle-dragging line pilot
Posts: 943
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcheck View Post
Is Atlas still requiring the online test before the interview? If so what material is good to study from?
Yes. Read the other thread.
captainv is offline  
Old 09-03-2014, 11:01 AM   #7  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 5
Default

I read the Atlas Hiring Thread over 200 pgs in 4hrs and found a lot of good info such as QOL, routes, schedules, pay, contracts etc etc...but nothing in regards to the interview or hiring process.Should have a call soon for an interview and feel very unprepared..need help..!.
speedcheck is offline  
Old 09-03-2014, 11:12 AM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
embraer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2008
Posts: 545
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpseat2024 View Post
I might be mistaken, but I think you're an eagle guy. Congrats/good luck on the opportunity! Glad to hear some guys are able to get off this sinking ship.
Yep, Eagle guy. I appreciate it man.
embraer is offline  
Old 09-03-2014, 11:14 AM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
embraer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2008
Posts: 545
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxydriver View Post
Days off per month - 17 days on, the remaining part of the month is off.

Btw trips - it really depends, varies from 5 to 14 days. If you string them together you can get more off. from last month to this, a little more than 3 weeks off for me.

Reserve - R-1 is home reserve. Simple version - Contact 0700-1200, 5 hours to nearest airport. Other times, 10 hours. Depending on the situation, they may owe you a ride to the airport too.
R-2 is hotel reserve and report time is 90 min after call. Hotel provided by company.

PM me if you have more questions or more details.
Thank you, Galaxydriver. I'm sure I'll think of something...if so I'll shoot you a PM.

What's the word on the new contract? What kind of things are you guys shooting for in terms of improvement?
embraer is offline  
Old 09-03-2014, 11:39 AM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Posts: 264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcheck View Post
I read the Atlas Hiring Thread over 200 pgs in 4hrs and found a lot of good info such as QOL, routes, schedules, pay, contracts etc etc...but nothing in regards to the interview or hiring process.Should have a call soon for an interview and feel very unprepared..need help..!.
At one page per minute, you must have missed a lot as there is a trove of interview/hiring info throughout that thread! Suggest using the search function.
WTFover is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta? Guard Dude Delta 198505 Today 06:03 AM
Leave Kalitta for Atlas? shroomwell Cargo 26 07-29-2014 05:40 AM
Atlas Air outlook article DC8DRIVER Cargo 6 03-24-2014 06:37 AM
CFI written question plane4 Flight Schools and Training 10 12-24-2010 07:01 AM
Delta Job Application Question saab2000 Career Questions 4 09-30-2010 03:11 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:28 AM.