Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2019, 02:38 PM   #1  
New Hire
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Apr 2006
Posts: 3
Default ORD

So is Chicago a new destination for C5?
rapedape is offline  
Old 04-16-2019, 02:51 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Posts: 944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapedape View Post
So is Chicago a new destination for C5?
You guys doing IAD-ORD now?
DarkSideMoon is online now  
Old 04-16-2019, 03:19 PM   #3  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Posts: 98
Default

ORD is not in our bid packet for May as a normal route, but I have seen us do ORD as we pick up stuff from other carriers when they need help.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
marshal is offline  
Old 04-16-2019, 07:44 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
KelvinHelmholtz's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: 900 FO
Posts: 249
Default

LGA too? Iíve been hearing commutair clogging up the clearance frequency since you donít have PDC.
KelvinHelmholtz is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 01:24 AM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2017
Posts: 196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelvinHelmholtz View Post
LGA too? I’ve been hearing commutair clogging up the clearance frequency since you don’t have PDC.
Am I the only one who sees irony in this statement? Why would you care unless you worked for another carrier lacking PDC and thus needed a verbal? Pot, meet kettle.

In any case, you don't need to worry as PDC was approved at C5 two days ago. Some people have been flying so much we haven't had time to read the memo, but I'd say within a week we won't be "clogging" the frequency anymore.
njd1 is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 01:25 AM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2016
Posts: 677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njd1 View Post
Am I the only one who sees irony in this statement? Why would you care unless you worked for another carrier lacking PDC and thus needed a verbal? Pot, meet kettle.

In any case, you don't need to worry as PDC was approved at C5 two days ago. Some people have been flying so much we haven't had time to read the memo, but I'd say within a week we won't be "clogging" the frequency anymore.
Lga requires you call clearance with squak, climbout and ATIS code
flydiamond is online now  
Old 04-17-2019, 04:46 AM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Posts: 124
Default

Yep, everyone is correct. We were the a-holes hogging the clearance frequency up until a couple days ago. Our feds finally got around to approving our temporary revision giving us authorization to use PDC. It's down to Mesa as the only carrier that I'm aware of that doesn't use PDC.
dead meat is online now  
Old 04-17-2019, 07:05 PM   #8  
Porco Rosso
 
ninerdriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njd1 View Post
Am I the only one who sees irony in this statement? Why would you care unless you worked for another carrier lacking PDC and thus needed a verbal? Pot, meet kettle.

In any case, you don't need to worry as PDC was approved at C5 two days ago. Some people have been flying so much we haven't had time to read the memo, but I'd say within a week we won't be "clogging" the frequency anymore.
Instead, you might be clogging ground while they remind you that you haven't called clearance yet. Please don't be those peeps. Thanks!
ninerdriver is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 08:56 PM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead meat View Post
Yep, everyone is correct. We were the a-holes hogging the clearance frequency up until a couple days ago. Our feds finally got around to approving our temporary revision giving us authorization to use PDC. It's down to Mesa as the only carrier that I'm aware of that doesn't use PDC.
Is it really just us. I rather have DAtis over PDC. Doesn't look like we are getting either at MAG
NovemberBravo is offline  
Old 04-18-2019, 07:27 AM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Posts: 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberBravo View Post
Is it really just us. I rather have DAtis over PDC. Doesn't look like we are getting either at MAG
I agree. D-ATIS is a huge aid to situational awareness vs having to wait until you can pick up the ATIS frequency. PDC is a bonus because we don't have to wait in line to pick up our clearance in IAD anymore.
dead meat is online now  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ord 756 WantTheJob United 16 10-09-2018 05:23 AM
Virgin America is ORD Bound!! NEDude Major 36 02-23-2011 07:02 PM
HDQTRS in ORD........ ewrbasedpilot United 32 02-04-2011 03:37 PM
Employee Cafeteria at ORD? jetpilot26 Hangar Talk 3 06-25-2010 06:35 PM
ORD Hotels Skygirl Hangar Talk 6 05-04-2006 05:58 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:27 PM.