Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2020, 10:17 AM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
WickedSmaht's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: Sic semper tomato
Posts: 166
Default Well what do you know...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN22X2IO

“You should not take one penny more of bailout funds unless you are prepared to protect your workers’ jobs, pay and benefits,” 13 senators including Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris, all Democrats, wrote to the airlines in two letters.
WickedSmaht is offline  
Old 05-22-2020, 10:23 AM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
deltabound's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,053
Default

That's nice.
  • A letter from the minority party in a bicameral legislative body,
  • of which only 1/3 of THAT minority party bothered to sign,
  • which has no force of law,
  • but has at least two signers actively lobbying to become Vice President of the US
Has been publicly published to warn airlines, who very likely wrote the actual portion of the law that's being complained about and no doubt know exactly what they can get away with, that they're making some Senators feelings get hurt.

Or something.
deltabound is online now  
Old 05-22-2020, 10:45 AM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
WickedSmaht's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: Sic semper tomato
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltabound View Post
That's nice.
  • A letter from the minority party in a bicameral legislative body,
  • of which only 1/3 of THAT minority party bothered to sign,
  • which has no force of law,
  • but has at least two signers actively lobbying to become Vice President of the US
Has been publicly published to warn airlines, who very likely wrote the actual portion of the law that's being complained about and no doubt know exactly what they can get away with, that they're making some Senators feelings get hurt.

Or something.

I'm no political scientist nor am I a rocket surgeon, I want to be perfectly clear about that but I think you may raise valid points here....
WickedSmaht is offline  
Old 05-22-2020, 10:50 AM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Viking busdvr's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2015
Posts: 621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedSmaht View Post
I'm no political scientist nor am I a rocket surgeon, I want to be perfectly clear about that but I think you may raise valid points here....
So you’re saying that you’re not really WickedSmaht.....
Viking busdvr is offline  
Old 05-22-2020, 11:27 AM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
deltabound's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,053
Default

Nah, it's all good.

I'm actually happy that there's some public pressure on airline executives, what with all the taxpayer money being gifted to them and all.
deltabound is online now  
Old 05-22-2020, 11:47 AM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
WickedSmaht's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: Sic semper tomato
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking busdvr View Post
So you’re saying that you’re not really WickedSmaht.....
I'm a man of very mediocre talents and abilities, thank the heavens for the Interwebs and a well informed 20 year old son. I rely on them for the mainstay of my opinings...oh and my wife, her too. My obnoxious New England accent had to come through on here somehow, the user name seemed the best, if not misleading, option.
WickedSmaht is offline  
Old 05-22-2020, 11:50 AM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
3 green's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Posts: 626
Default

For most of the Delta employees the leave of absence was good. They got time off and received equal pay(stimulus money and unemployment), avoided being around others during Corona, helped Delta, and now they come back from leave with no reduction in their number of work hours(the leave insured they come back at full pay). Sounds like a great deal to me.
3 green is offline  
Old 05-22-2020, 11:52 AM   #8  
Line Holder
 
wornTiller's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2018
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedSmaht View Post
I'm a man of very mediocre talents and abilities, thank the heavens for the Interwebs and a well informed 20 year old son. I rely on them for the mainstay of my opinings...oh and my wife, her too. My obnoxious New England accent had to come through on here somehow, the user name seemed the best, if not misleading, option.
Plot twist:

​​​​​​Wickedsmaht guy is also this guy


https://youtu.be/I_wdo4ihcd8
wornTiller is offline  
Old 05-22-2020, 12:29 PM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
WickedSmaht's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: Sic semper tomato
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wornTiller View Post
Plot twist:

​​​​​​Wickedsmaht guy is also this guy


https://youtu.be/I_wdo4ihcd8
Ha!! That's hilarious! Sadly, I have relatives like that and I'm sure I've reached that level of absurd after a cocktail or two more times than I care to admit...good find!
WickedSmaht is offline  
Old 05-22-2020, 12:36 PM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
D B Cooper's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2012
Posts: 304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wornTiller View Post
Plot twist:

​​​​​​Wickedsmaht guy is also this guy


https://youtu.be/I_wdo4ihcd8
Thank God for Mass holes.
D B Cooper is online now  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:33 PM.