Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > Delta
A350-1000 and other Fleet News >

A350-1000 and other Fleet News

Notices

A350-1000 and other Fleet News

Old 11-12-2023, 08:44 AM
  #1521  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Tinpusher007's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: 330 B
Posts: 1,610
Default

Originally Posted by notEnuf View Post
Exactly, Delta sits on the boards of several Airbus customers.
True, but I dont think we sit on the boards of Turkish, Air India, Japan Airline, EVA Air or Qantas just to name a few who have place pretty significant orders recently.
Tinpusher007 is offline  
Old 11-12-2023, 08:46 AM
  #1522  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: LAX ER
Posts: 1,606
Default

I think a lot of people here donít understand the complexity of order books and think itís like ordering food from the drive thru
tcco94 is offline  
Old 11-12-2023, 09:25 AM
  #1523  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Tinpusher007's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: 330 B
Posts: 1,610
Default

Originally Posted by tcco94 View Post
I think a lot of people here donít understand the complexity of order books and think itís like ordering food from the drive thru
I know its not as simple as it may seem. But surely the timing of many carriers placing orders for a certain type has an effect on subsequent orders from another carrier, no?
Tinpusher007 is offline  
Old 11-12-2023, 05:42 PM
  #1524  
Gets Weekends Off
 
chrisreedrules's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: CRJ FO
Posts: 4,599
Default

Originally Posted by Tinpusher007 View Post
I know its not as simple as it may seem. But surely the timing of many carriers placing orders for a certain type has an effect on subsequent orders from another carrier, no?
Not entirely.
chrisreedrules is offline  
Old 11-12-2023, 09:53 PM
  #1525  
Gets Weekends Off
 
20Fathoms's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2019
Posts: 947
Default

Originally Posted by Tinpusher007 View Post
I know its not as simple as it may seem. But surely the timing of many carriers placing orders for a certain type has an effect on subsequent orders from another carrier, no?
Iím with you on this one. So many people act like theyíve got inside info on this. I freely admit I have none, but the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Iím sure Delta can get better slots for a price, but you cant just pretend that supply and demand has zero effect cause weíre special. And demand has increased a ton since Delta first announced interest last year.
20Fathoms is offline  
Old 11-13-2023, 05:28 AM
  #1526  
Gets Weekends Off
 
notEnuf's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: stake holder ir.delta.com
Posts: 10,108
Default

Originally Posted by Tinpusher007 View Post
True, but I dont think we sit on the boards of Turkish, Air India, Japan Airline, EVA Air or Qantas just to name a few who have place pretty significant orders recently.
AF/KLM just signed up for 50. A little shuffling or presure if 50+ more were on the line would change the calculus. Those are place holders for the greater Delta controlled empire.
notEnuf is online now  
Old 11-13-2023, 06:45 AM
  #1527  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Tinpusher007's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: 330 B
Posts: 1,610
Default

Originally Posted by notEnuf View Post
AF/KLM just signed up for 50. A little shuffling or presure if 50+ more were on the line would change the calculus. Those are place holders for the greater Delta controlled empire.
So you're telling me DELTA would make AF/KL wait for their jets so that we can take delivery of our own instead of putting our pax on theirs?
Tinpusher007 is offline  
Old 11-13-2023, 11:46 AM
  #1528  
Gets Weekends Off
 
notEnuf's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: stake holder ir.delta.com
Posts: 10,108
Default

Originally Posted by Tinpusher007 View Post
So you're telling me DELTA would make AF/KL wait for their jets so that we can take delivery of our own instead of putting our pax on theirs?
How you got that out of what I wrote, I have no clue.
notEnuf is online now  
Old 11-13-2023, 11:56 AM
  #1529  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2020
Posts: 1,788
Default

Originally Posted by 170Till5 View Post
Turkish Airlines ordered 90 a350ís - even further to the back of the que Delta goes

https://viewfromthewing.com/turkish-...a350-operator/
How does Turkish even remain in operation??? Their hub was shut down for two weeks a few years ago due to terrorist attacks, yet they plug along. It's not like the ME carriers who have $$$$Billions in reserves to make sure they succeed.
nene is offline  
Old 11-13-2023, 01:12 PM
  #1530  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Tinpusher007's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: 330 B
Posts: 1,610
Default

Originally Posted by notEnuf View Post
How you got that out of what I wrote, I have no clue.
Did you not imply that AK/KL's order was "a placeholder for the greater Delta empire"?
Tinpusher007 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices