Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > Delta
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta? >

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?


Notices

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Old 02-21-2009, 12:17 PM
  #5021  
Happy to be here
 
acl65pilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A
Posts: 18,563
Default

Originally Posted by firstmob
With the MD-90 rumor hot and heavy any 777 rumors ie SQ aircraft?
Yes, but I would be surprised to see us announce those until the economy starts to turn a little bit.

There are a lot of 777 rumors. Lets see.

777-300's to replace the 744's
More 777-200
Fact is that we have plenty of N numbers reserved for them. A year and a half ago we were looking at the possibility of 45-52 in the next few years. With the 787 delayed the used market is not what we thought it would be. It will take a few more years for the announced numbers of 25-30 to be realized.
acl65pilot is offline  
Old 02-21-2009, 12:19 PM
  #5022  
Moderator
 
Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767
Posts: 13,088
Default

Originally Posted by acl65pilot
Yes, but I would be surprised to see us announce those until the economy starts to turn a little bit.

There are a lot of 777 rumors. Lets see.

777-300's to replace the 744's
More 777-200
Fact is that we have plenty of N numbers reserved for them. A year and a half ago we were looking at the possibility of 45-52 in the next few years. With the 787 delayed the used market is not what we thought it would be. It will take a few more years for the announced numbers of 25-30 to be realized.
Now if we can hold the line, and recapture some 76 seat flying we have a chance at some real growth. If we fail to do this, we will see a lot of retirements with little change in relative seniority.
johnso29 is offline  
Old 02-21-2009, 12:36 PM
  #5023  
Happy to be here
 
acl65pilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A
Posts: 18,563
Default

There is a chance that many of your guys may bail. There is a possibility of 1000 or so that may just be using theirs up. Interesting stuff up there in the North!
acl65pilot is offline  
Old 02-21-2009, 01:12 PM
  #5024  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,716
Default

I really do not see many people bailing in this economy, but after 6 airlines, 3 mergers anything is possible.
iceman49 is offline  
Old 02-21-2009, 02:04 PM
  #5025  
Gets Weekends Off
 
DAL4EVER's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: 88B - Loud Pipes Save Lives
Posts: 1,597
Default

Originally Posted by iceman49
I really do not see many people bailing in this economy, but after 6 airlines, 3 mergers anything is possible.
The state of the economy is precisely the concern. The fear is that the FNWA guys who meet the requirements to retire will cash out with the pension and the accrued sick leave. That alone is worth hundreds of thousands for some of them. The thinking is that the pilots are fearful that the company may not be able to meet the pension obligations at future date. As a result, is it better to go out now? That's the thinking at least. It is deja vu for DAL mgt., who watched hundreds a month retire prior to the BK.
DAL4EVER is offline  
Old 02-21-2009, 02:08 PM
  #5026  
Gets Weekends Off
 
DAL4EVER's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: 88B - Loud Pipes Save Lives
Posts: 1,597
Default

Just got the memo stating that we will be getting the shares distributed around March 6. They were unable to sell the shares on the open market at a premium. Surprise.
DAL4EVER is offline  
Old 02-21-2009, 02:27 PM
  #5027  
Gets Weekends Off
 
KC10 FATboy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Legacy FO
Posts: 4,099
Default

Hahahahh ... we all knew this was going to happen.
KC10 FATboy is offline  
Old 02-21-2009, 02:29 PM
  #5028  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,716
Default

Not sure where your info is coming from, but we do not have our sick leave like it was before, some (maybe 30 or so) in ANC will be above the TEFRA limit, but certainly not hundreds of thousand of dollars...again...don't think its going to happen.
iceman49 is offline  
Old 02-21-2009, 02:33 PM
  #5029  
Happy to be here
 
acl65pilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A
Posts: 18,563
Default

Originally Posted by DAL4EVER
Just got the memo stating that we will be getting the shares distributed around March 6. They were unable to sell the shares on the open market at a premium. Surprise.
Ditto. I prefer this. I will keep em for the next 18-21 months and then dump em at 18.25 a share.
acl65pilot is offline  
Old 02-21-2009, 02:36 PM
  #5030  
Happy to be here
 
acl65pilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A
Posts: 18,563
Default

Originally Posted by iceman49
Not sure where your info is coming from, but we do not have our sick leave like it was before, some (maybe 30 or so) in ANC will be above the TEFRA limit, but certainly not hundreds of thousand of dollars...again...don't think its going to happen.

Well I have seen some of it, and there are upwards of 1000 or so that have the sick time carried over from your contract, that will not get their shares. It is anyone's guess, but there are a bunch that have been using a lot of sick time as of late. (I know of two 400 guys that are doing precisely this. One lives in ATL. I am glad to see him doing it. One less commuter to worry about )
acl65pilot is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
On Autopilot
Regional
22594
11-05-2021 07:03 AM
AeroCrewSolut
Delta
153
08-14-2018 12:18 PM
Bill Lumberg
Major
71
06-13-2012 08:36 AM
Quagmire
Major
253
04-16-2011 06:19 AM
JiffyLube
Major
12
03-07-2008 04:27 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices