Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2019, 06:05 PM   #1  
On Reserve
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Jul 2016
Posts: 24
Default commuting from CHA (Chattanooga, TN)

ATL would be my base of choice(2 hour drive) however I realize that it may take a while to get the base of choice. My question is, how easy would it be to commute to one of the other bases from CHA (1.75 hour drive) which is not a base but has SW flights to most other bases?

Thanks,
John
pilot28906 is offline  
Old 04-03-2019, 06:08 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Posts: 871
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot28906 View Post
ATL would be my base of choice(2 hour drive) however I realize that it may take a while to get the base of choice. My question is, how easy would it be to commute to one of the other bases from CHA (1.75 hour drive) which is not a base but has SW flights to most other bases?

Thanks,
John
Passrider.com might become your new bestest friend.
theUpsideDown is offline  
Old 04-03-2019, 07:06 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2016
Posts: 683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot28906 View Post
ATL would be my base of choice(2 hour drive) however I realize that it may take a while to get the base of choice. My question is, how easy would it be to commute to one of the other bases from CHA (1.75 hour drive) which is not a base but has SW flights to most other bases?

Thanks,
John
Are you referring to driving to Nashville? I understand itís a decent commute to NYC from there. Problem is the drive and commute combined together is going to wear you out. Endeavor is a good commuter airline cause of the positive space second attempt policy, but since youíre already 1:45 away from the airport thatís going to mean a whole lot of 4 am wakeup to make your 1 pm report time and fly until 11 pm. Thatís going to be tough. Itís going to be at least a year and a half until you can drive to a line in atl given our current movement. Iíd suggest psa for the Tys base if thatís a short drive.
flydiamond is online now  
Old 04-04-2019, 12:27 AM   #4  
Lineholder
 
Joined APC: Mar 2013
Position: Death by Powerpoint
Posts: 320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flydiamond View Post
Iíd suggest psa for the Tys base if thatís a short drive.
Especially with PSAís payrates and flow.
web500sjc is online now  
Old 04-04-2019, 05:23 PM   #5  
On Reserve
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Jul 2016
Posts: 24
Default

Thanks guys for the info. I am referring to driving to CHA (Chattanooga, TN) for a commute flight to one of the other bases. I am also about 2 hours from TYS. I am in far western NC.
pilot28906 is offline  
Old 04-04-2019, 05:46 PM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
prex8390's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot28906 View Post
Thanks guys for the info. I am referring to driving to CHA (Chattanooga, TN) for a commute flight to one of the other bases. I am also about 2 hours from TYS. I am in far western NC.
Have you checked out PSA new contract? They practically match us in pay and have a flow to AA. BUT i guess their reserve rules are suppsesdly worse than ours and itís a 8ish year flow. They have a CLT base. As well as TYS though if youíre just in it for the money and a easier commute.
prex8390 is offline  
Old 04-04-2019, 06:00 PM   #7  
On Guard!
 
Joined APC: Mar 2019
Posts: 537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prex8390 View Post
Have you checked out PSA new contract? They practically match us in pay and have a flow to AA. BUT i guess their reserve rules are suppsesdly worse than ours and itís a 8ish year flow. They have a CLT base. As well as TYS though if youíre just in it for the money and a easier commute.
What he said, driving to CHA to catch another potential 2 leg commute makes for a miserable life. Drive to work if you, thatís always the best QOL.
Meow1215 is offline  
Old 04-04-2019, 06:15 PM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
JulesWinfield's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot28906 View Post
Thanks guys for the info. I am referring to driving to CHA (Chattanooga, TN) for a commute flight to one of the other bases. I am also about 2 hours from TYS. I am in far western NC.
I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.
JulesWinfield is offline  
Old 04-05-2019, 06:13 PM   #9  
On Reserve
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Jul 2016
Posts: 24
Default

Thanks for the great and honest input. Looks like PSA would work better.
pilot28906 is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
commuting from CHA (Chattanooga, TN) pilot28906 SkyWest 5 04-05-2019 12:33 AM
Commutair Bases / Commuting cws1028 Other 75 08-24-2015 01:45 PM
Commuting question- to and from pax terminal? Mephesto Cargo 16 12-30-2013 03:53 PM
Commuting on AirTran - Listing number? saab2000 Regional 11 08-09-2011 07:14 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:12 AM.