Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2020, 10:45 AM   #1  
On Reserve
Thread Starter
 
Bulldog08's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2020
Posts: 16
Default Schedule

Hey guys. Part 91 guy thinking about taking the plunge. I'm currently located in AEX, looking to commute to IAH, so ExpressJet looks like a good option for me. What can I expect schedule wise? As a commuter I will want to string together as many days as possible. Can I expect about 4 day trips every week (not counting the commute)? How hard would it to get a commutable line where trips don't start until mid-day on day 1?
Bulldog08 is offline  
Old 02-22-2020, 04:39 PM   #2  
4 Stripes
 
georgiaflyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2018
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog08 View Post
Hey guys. Part 91 guy thinking about taking the plunge. I'm currently located in AEX, looking to commute to IAH, so ExpressJet looks like a good option for me. What can I expect schedule wise? As a commuter I will want to string together as many days as possible. Can I expect about 4 day trips every week (not counting the commute)? How hard would it to get a commutable line where trips don't start until mid-day on day 1?
IAH ERJ 145 would be your ideal scenario. Few months of reserve and you should be able to hold a line in IAH. Commuting isn't that bad if you are a line holder.
georgiaflyer is offline  
Old 02-29-2020, 11:18 AM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
StuckOnReserve's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2019
Posts: 175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiaflyer View Post
IAH ERJ 145 would be your ideal scenario. Few months of reserve and you should be able to hold a line in IAH. Commuting isn't that bad if you are a line holder.

145 will be your only scenario with XJT now. XJT operates the IAH-AEX route so you would be commuting on company metal with JS priority over non XJT. Reserve schedules are 4 on 2 off usually. Currently the most junior Relief line holder in IAH is a 8/2019 hire


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StuckOnReserve is offline  
Old 03-07-2020, 11:38 AM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
CaseTractor's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2014
Position: Pipers!
Posts: 220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog08 View Post
Hey guys. Part 91 guy thinking about taking the plunge. I'm currently located in AEX, looking to commute to IAH, so ExpressJet looks like a good option for me. What can I expect schedule wise? As a commuter I will want to string together as many days as possible. Can I expect about 4 day trips every week (not counting the commute)? How hard would it to get a commutable line where trips don't start until mid-day on day 1?
if you want IAH because it is drivable in a pinch I get that. I guess don't overlook EDV to ATL or Envoy to DFW to see if they have more flights overall. All three have different pros and cons, just trying to say consider and weigh all of those for pay, movement, schedule, bonus etc.
CaseTractor is offline  
Old 03-09-2020, 09:06 AM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
da42pilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Posts: 521
Default

Itís easy to string days together and the company has been building a lot of lines that begin late/finish early. First year though, youíre junior so you may not be able to get ideal schedules for every single trip. That said, living so close to IAH and flying on us will help a lot with commuting.
da42pilot is offline  
Old 03-09-2020, 09:13 PM   #6  
Line Holder
 
YANXJTPilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2019
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckOnReserve View Post
Reserve schedules are 4 on 2 off usually. Currently the most junior Relief line holder in IAH is a 8/2019 hire


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorta. You will have MIN 2 off but sometimes 5 off if say, end of month. Or you do trading of reserve days. As awarded, generally built with 2-3 days off between blocks. Min days off per month 11 or 12 dependent on month length.
YANXJTPilot is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:00 PM.