Notices
Flexjet Fractional Operator

Significant Pay Raises?

Old 12-11-2023, 10:44 AM
  #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: B777 CA
Posts: 735
Default Significant Pay Raises?

Friend started class recently says FJ announced new pay- $175,000 for new hire FO’s what the new CA pay?
Boeing Aviator is offline  
Old 12-11-2023, 02:48 PM
  #2  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Mar 2021
Posts: 28
Default

Originally Posted by Boeing Aviator View Post
Friend started class recently says FJ announced new pay- $175,000 for new hire FO’s what the new CA pay?
That is "total compensation". It is NOT base pay. It is everything you could possibly get including the deffered compensation stuff. No specifics yet from the company.
sincity is offline  
Old 12-12-2023, 11:02 AM
  #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2014
Posts: 286
Default

It's going to have to be some real take home pay increases and not bonuses.

An extra $50/day on the SIC daily rate won't make up for $166/hr. (2nd year pay) for 85 hours and 16 days worked in a 30 day month. And, that doesn't include the 18% 401k contribution.
AA717driver is offline  
Old 12-30-2023, 08:18 AM
  #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2017
Position: Family guy
Posts: 144
Default

I just saw a post from Flexjet on Facebook that the base pay for new first year FOs will be $150k starting April 1, 2024. Presumably the remaining $25k in additional compensation must come from other benefits such as per diem, bonus structure, 401k etc.
Pilatus801 is offline  
Old 12-30-2023, 11:08 AM
  #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2018
Posts: 165
Default

Pay is going to $751 per day, up from $513 per day. Typically its working 16 out of 28 days so multiply $751x16x13= $156,000 just in REGULAR pay. Pretty significant increase. The problem is upgrading to Phenom CA in the first year does not lead to a pay increase (stays at FO rates, but greater responsibility) and 2nd year it increase only $30 over FO daily rate (not significant). They are having a hard time keeping Phenom CA, I dont think this is going to help. If I was to start under the new payscale, it would make sense to wait until DRL to upgrade to CA, especially with the seat lock they put on the Phenom CA.
followingdreams is offline  
Old 12-30-2023, 12:07 PM
  #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2017
Position: Family guy
Posts: 144
Default

Originally Posted by followingdreams View Post
Pay is going to $751 per day, up from $513 per day. Typically its working 16 out of 28 days so multiply $751x16x13= $156,000 just in REGULAR pay. Pretty significant increase. The problem is upgrading to Phenom CA in the first year does not lead to a pay increase (stays at FO rates, but greater responsibility) and 2nd year it increase only $30 over FO daily rate (not significant). They are having a hard time keeping Phenom CA, I dont think this is going to help. If I was to start under the new payscale, it would make sense to wait until DRL to upgrade to CA, especially with the seat lock they put on the Phenom CA.
Thanks. Any change to per diem amounts? Any other changes like fuel bonus?
Pilatus801 is offline  
Old 12-30-2023, 12:35 PM
  #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2018
Posts: 165
Default

We have not been told of any other changes. With that being said, I highly doubt any changes in per diem as we can use the company credit card for any meals and still get a $42/day per diem.

Last edited by followingdreams; 12-30-2023 at 12:36 PM. Reason: spelling
followingdreams is offline  
Old 12-30-2023, 01:29 PM
  #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2017
Position: Family guy
Posts: 144
Default

Originally Posted by followingdreams View Post
We have not been told of any other changes. With that being said, I highly doubt any changes in per diem as we can use the company credit card for any meals and still get a $42/day per diem.
Thanks for the input. How does the pay rate change for year 2 and 3 if you remain as FO?
And how does it look if you become captain?
Pilatus801 is offline  
Old 12-30-2023, 05:21 PM
  #9  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Feb 2020
Posts: 32
Default

Originally Posted by Pilatus801 View Post
Thanks for the input. How does the pay rate change for year 2 and 3 if you remain as FO?
And how does it look if you become captain?
Year 2+ FO is 785/day
Year 2 Phenom captain 816/day, year 3 820/day
mimark is offline  
Old 01-01-2024, 06:28 AM
  #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2014
Posts: 286
Default

I pulled my Phenom CA bid.

The CKA I'm flying with talked to a friend who has their ear to the ground in the Challenger fleet. They said quite a few fairly senior Challenger CA's are planning on leaving because the pay raises don't make it very far up the longevity scale.

The CEO even said on the call announcing the raises that they are targeting the people in the first three years seniority because that's where the bulk of the departures come from.
AA717driver is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
notEnuf
Delta
238
12-22-2015 04:20 AM
Albief15
FedEx
161
10-02-2015 03:11 PM
jsled
United
7
11-28-2012 11:08 PM
LCAL dude
United
17
10-02-2012 02:02 PM
AAflyer
Major
42
05-13-2007 05:48 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices