Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > > >
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List
sulkair

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #11  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: French Bus Capn'
Posts: 6,652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoilers View Post
Hmm...

Thank you for your interest in the FFO1012 - Pilot position with Republic Airways. Your application has been received. We will review your application and contact you if we believe your background, experience and skills are a good match for this position.

Sincerely,

Republic Airways Holdings
Recruitment Department



After seeing this confirmation e-mail I can see why some of you are skeptical now. If I get a call from Republic for anything other than Frontier and Airbus position, I will tell them to stick it.
Nothing prevents a good ol bait-n-switch. I heard QR was infamous for that. They'd hire you for the 777 class and when you show up day 1 you'd find out it was an A320. If Republic gets desperate, nothing stops them from baiting and switching last second due to "operational necessity."
ShyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #12  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Posts: 166
Default

On the app it says military time conversion applicable- but it does not state what the conversion is??? maybe .3 per military sortie? or 1.3 x flight time? any thoughts?
bluelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #13  
doin time
 
Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: RJ Left
Posts: 425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
Back in the mid to late 2000s I was flying on Frontier quite a few times.
I remember wondering what I was going to do when I retired and all of my peers were getting on with the airlines. I remember riding on Frontier and thinking - I really like what I'm seeing from this airline. The planes (the cabin of course - never saw the cockpits), the FA's (and once how she handled an unruly passenger who wasn't listening to instructions!), the CSAs, the on-time performance, etc....and I thought - this would be a great airline to be with.

Then I retired. Then I started to learn more about the airline industry. I learned that many of my perceptions of the lifestyle and day-to-day workings were somewhat colored by fairly senior people in the airlines or at least at the majors. Then they were bought by Republic, and I thought to myself - I don' think I would want to work there now.

I don't know really. I'm not knowledgable enough to make a call on what life is like at Frontier - but I remember wishing them the best of luck as they seemed to go through some tough times. I look forward to flying on them if given a chance and I hope that they are still the same airline that I thought I'd want to be a part of. Class act Frontier - at least from my seat.

Oh yea, you're going to apply.
slammer1906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:15 PM   #14  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: lazyboy
Posts: 24
Exclamation

Is the airline getting bought by Spirit, or are they just taking the planes after Frontier Parks them? The latter you'll be stuck at RP when the planes get parked and not go to Spirit.
alpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #15  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2012
Position: Cap'n
Posts: 687
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoilers View Post
Hmm...

Thank you for your interest in the FFO1012 - Pilot position with Republic Airways. Your application has been received. We will review your application and contact you if we believe your background, experience and skills are a good match for this position.

Sincerely,

Republic Airways Holdings
Recruitment Department



After seeing this confirmation e-mail I can see why some of you are skeptical now. If I get a call from Republic for anything other than Frontier and Airbus position, I will tell them to stick it.
That's a big ole vomit!
workingforfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #16  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
Back in the mid to late 2000s I was flying on Frontier quite a few times.
I remember wondering what I was going to do when I retired and all of my peers were getting on with the airlines. I remember riding on Frontier and thinking - I really like what I'm seeing from this airline. The planes (the cabin of course - never saw the cockpits), the FA's (and once how she handled an unruly passenger who wasn't listening to instructions!), the CSAs, the on-time performance, etc....and I thought - this would be a great airline to be with.

Then I retired. Then I started to learn more about the airline industry. I learned that many of my perceptions of the lifestyle and day-to-day workings were somewhat colored by fairly senior people in the airlines or at least at the majors. Then they were bought by Republic, and I thought to myself - I don' think I would want to work there now.

I don't know really. I'm not knowledgable enough to make a call on what life is like at Frontier - but I remember wishing them the best of luck as they seemed to go through some tough times. I look forward to flying on them if given a chance and I hope that they are still the same airline that I thought I'd want to be a part of. Class act Frontier - at least from my seat.
I've been commuting on them for over a decade now.

Not they're the ONLY one to go through a transformation. But it was sad to watch the transformation of a company that was pretty good, had mostly happy employees, a good customer base, etc get pretty much wrecked by RAH holding.

Of course, the spin could go multiple directions on that, but just sayin'........
John Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #17  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Airplane
Posts: 2,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpo View Post
Is the airline getting bought by Spirit, or are they just taking the planes after Frontier Parks them? The latter you'll be stuck at RP when the planes get parked and not go to Spirit.
No, Frontier is not being bought by Spirit, nor are the planes being bought by Spirit.

This hasn't been confirmed, but conventional wisdom says an investment vehicle by the name of Indigo is purchasing Frontier.
Lobaeux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #18  
Gets Weekends Off
 
USMCFLYR's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'
Posts: 11,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer1906 View Post
Oh yea, you're going to apply.
Really think I should?
What do you think would be the advantages?
USMCFLYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #19  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Airplane
Posts: 2,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
Really think I should?
What do you think would be the advantages?
I think you've got a pretty good gig right now USMCFLYR, I'd hang on to it.
Lobaeux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #20  
Gets Weekends Off
 
USMCFLYR's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'
Posts: 11,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobaeux View Post
I think you've got a pretty good gig right now USMCFLYR, I'd hang on to it.
I just wanted to know what he thought might be the pros!
They always say keep an open mind right?
USMCFLYR is online now   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Frontier to do contract "fixed-fee" flying Bucking Bar Frontier 15 07-24-2011 07:07 PM
Combined 2011 Hiring Info lolwut Major 24 12-01-2010 03:21 AM
Frontier acquisition? Denver Post article 4 Fan Trashcan Mergers and Acquisitions 7 01-28-2009 09:27 AM
Alaska Airlines Welcomes Frontier Alaska As New Partner Ak Pilot Major 7 07-10-2008 09:30 AM
Frontier hiring update Freight Dog Hiring News 3 09-29-2005 04:02 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:59 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1