Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2008, 11:10 AM   #1  
APC's Hired Help
Thread Starter
 
Dog Breath's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,223
Default New iPhone 3G officially released

Apple's new iPhone 3G is officially released.
Dog Breath is offline  
Old 06-09-2008, 11:29 AM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: 757/767 FO
Posts: 792
Default

I'm liking the price point and 3G...glad I waited for v2!
Spaceman Spliff is offline  
Old 06-09-2008, 05:35 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
aerospacepilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Sabre 60
Posts: 199
Default

I'm buying mine July 11th. I was prepared to buy the 3G iPhone for $399. I am glad they threw in the $200 rebate.


Once again, Apple continues to amaze.
aerospacepilot is offline  
Old 06-09-2008, 06:14 PM   #4  
APC co-founder
 
HSLD's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2005
Position: B-777-200
Posts: 5,719
Default

Do you still have to marry AT&T, or will 3G allow you connect to the service provider of choice?

Seems like a cool bit of hardware but AT&T is a deal breaker for me.
HSLD is offline  
Old 06-09-2008, 06:27 PM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
hotshot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: C172 Left
Posts: 632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSLD View Post
Do you still have to marry AT&T, or will 3G allow you connect to the service provider of choice?

Seems like a cool bit of hardware but AT&T is a deal breaker for me.
Just wait until somebody hacks it, or better yet do it yourself and get a free car. Remember that kid?

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/wireles...unlocked_N.htm
hotshot is offline  
Old 06-09-2008, 06:48 PM   #6  
Asphalt Cowboy
 
HoboPilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2006
Position: Shotty!!
Posts: 248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
Just wait until somebody hacks it, or better yet do it yourself and get a free car. Remember that kid?

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/wireless/phones/2007-08-28-iphone-unlocked_N.htm
Eh, I'd rather have friends instead
HoboPilot is offline  
Old 06-09-2008, 07:07 PM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
aerospacepilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Sabre 60
Posts: 199
Default

Yep, AT&T still has the exclusivity agreement for iPhone service in the US. Honestly, being stuck to AT&T was a deal breaker for me when the iPhone was $599. At $399, I was beginning to come around. At $199, 3G, GPS, and all the new apps, paying a little extra per month is DEFINITELY worth it for me.

If anyone wants to watch Steve Jobs give the Keynote:
http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.ne...ent/index.html

Fast forward to about 1:00:00 and start watching there for the last 30 minutes. It is well worth the time. I always wind up watching the keynote for Macworld and the WWDC keynote was on the same level in terms of quality speeches.
aerospacepilot is offline  
Old 06-10-2008, 08:09 AM   #8  
Line Holder
 
highnpressurizd's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Posts: 60
Default

Was talking to a rep at the Apple store a few days ago while shopping for a mac for my wife. He told me you can make an Iphone work on any network, however you'll void the apple warranty.
highnpressurizd is offline  
Old 06-10-2008, 08:10 AM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ppilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: Left seat
Posts: 189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerospacepilot View Post
Yep, AT&T still has the exclusivity agreement for iPhone service in the US. Honestly, being stuck to AT&T was a deal breaker for me when the iPhone was $599. At $399, I was beginning to come around. At $199, 3G, GPS, and all the new apps, paying a little extra per month is DEFINITELY worth it for me.

If anyone wants to watch Steve Jobs give the Keynote:
http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.ne...ent/index.html

Fast forward to about 1:00:00 and start watching there for the last 30 minutes. It is well worth the time. I always wind up watching the keynote for Macworld and the WWDC keynote was on the same level in terms of quality speeches.
Well, AT&T has increased the price of their service plan $10 a month. I mean, if you want one, get it, but you're not saving money with the $199 price. It'll cost you more over the 2 year contract.
ppilot is offline  
Old 06-13-2008, 12:14 AM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
machz990's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: MD-11 F/O
Posts: 473
Default

I'm on a Vista PC right now and can't get on the green screen. Anyone know exactly what the FedEx discount is for AT&T? I'm using Sprint right now and the FedEx discount runs about 25% each month.
machz990 is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone Logbook RedBaron007 Hangar Talk 72 12-01-2015 05:54 AM
Arsonist FA RELEASED on bail. ***, Over? FlyerJosh Hangar Talk 1 06-05-2008 08:49 PM
IPhone Passengers Jakob Hangar Talk 3 11-29-2007 03:16 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:40 PM.