Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Old 04-17-2012, 03:02 PM
  #101  
veut gagner la loterie
 
forgot to bid's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Light Chop
Posts: 23,277
Default

Originally Posted by NuGuy View Post
At my last outfit, I had a guy lecture me for 4 days about how vaccines were poison.

It took all my will not to laugh him out of the cockpit...but I tried to be a "good guy", and hopefully save one of his kids from having something bad happen.

I have a degree in molecular biology, but no amount of careful explanation on how things really work seemed to phase him in the slightest.

I've come to realize that most people are drama queens, in some form or another, and will latch on to anything, no matter how foolish it makes them look, to further that.

Nu
oooh, reminds me of flying with the angry preachy vegan
forgot to bid is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 03:07 PM
  #102  
Gets Weekends Off
 
NuGuy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,138
Default

Originally Posted by forgot to bid View Post
oooh, reminds me of flying with the angry preachy vegan
Yea, but I usually don't have anything to say to the preachy vegans. They're already living in a world without bacon, and I, for one, can't think of any level of hell worse than that. No need to pile on.

Nu
NuGuy is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 03:29 PM
  #103  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Jughead's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: ATL717A
Posts: 854
Default

Originally Posted by NuGuy View Post
They're already living in a world without bacon, and I, for one, can't think of any level of hell worse than that. No need to pile on.

Nu
I think there's a lot of guys here that can do without More Bacon.
Jughead is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 03:32 PM
  #104  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Ferd149's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: LAX ERA
Posts: 3,420
Default

Originally Posted by NuGuy View Post
Yea, but I usually don't have anything to say to the preachy vegans. They're already living in a world without bacon, and I, for one, can't think of any level of hell worse than that. No need to pile on.

Nu
Yup.......and I'd kill myself if I had to live without a hunk of cow from Outback from time to time
Ferd149 is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 03:35 PM
  #105  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Ferd149's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: LAX ERA
Posts: 3,420
Default

I've always liked the guys who start with, "ya know, we gotta take our country BACK"

It doesn't matter if the guy is from the left or right, the rant seems to always start with that one liner
Ferd149 is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 03:35 PM
  #106  
Junior Senior
 
LNL76's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: Whiskey Papa
Posts: 2,801
Default

In my experience, the most vocal vegans and health-food conscious individuals are usually the ones who smoke cigarettes and drink to excess. Go figure!
LNL76 is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 03:36 PM
  #107  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Ferd149's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: LAX ERA
Posts: 3,420
Default

Originally Posted by LNL76 View Post
In my experience, the most vocal vegans and health-food conscious individuals are usually the ones who smoke cigarettes and drink to excess. Go figure!
That's cuz cigarettes and beer glasses don't have faces.........duhhhhh
Ferd149 is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 03:49 PM
  #108  
Day puke
 
FlyJSH's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Out.
Posts: 3,852
Default

Originally Posted by Ferd149 View Post
I've always liked the guys who start with, "ya know, we gotta take our country BACK"

It doesn't matter if the guy is from the left or right, the rant seems to always start with that one liner
I just say, "Yes, as a member of the Lakota nation, I agree."

That usually shuts them down.
FlyJSH is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 03:54 PM
  #109  
New boss = Old boss
 
mike734's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: Ca B737
Posts: 2,749
Default

Originally Posted by NuGuy View Post
I have a degree in molecular biology, but no amount of careful explanation on how things really work seemed to phase him in the slightest.
Nu
Yeah but still...
mike734 is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 04:01 PM
  #110  
veut gagner la loterie
 
forgot to bid's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Light Chop
Posts: 23,277
Default

Originally Posted by Ferd149 View Post
Yup.......and I'd kill myself if I had to live without a hunk of cow from Outback from time to time
Amen.

If God didnt intend for us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat.

forgot to bid is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Elvis90
Military
2
11-11-2010 10:25 AM
meloveboeing
Regional
5
10-02-2010 08:47 AM
kc135driver
United
119
08-24-2010 09:30 AM
exerauflyboy5
Flight Schools and Training
15
02-18-2009 09:29 PM
Busdriver
JetBlue
70
01-16-2006 11:32 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread