Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 08:06 PM   #11  
Gets Weekends Off
 
250 or point 65's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2008
Posts: 978
Default

Applied for both positions and didn't get any email. Maybe no news is good news.
250 or point 65 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 09:26 PM   #12  
Line Holder
 
DC2495's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: 135, REALLY SMALL!
Posts: 42
Default

I applied for both also, meet the mins plus. I haven't heard from them at all...I'm hoping for the "no news is good news" option!
DC2495 is offline  
Old 07-28-2009, 01:18 PM   #13  
Gets Weekends Off
 
LastTraintoMEM's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: CE560XL- Captain
Posts: 180
Default

For those who get interviews, I would like to hear your quals. I thought I would be the MAC wet dream. I have 2100tt, 1200 turbine, 500 turbo prop in both 135 and 121. All the hours are 135/121 but the first 400. Maybe they want to hire these laid off guys with 10k plus and 747 types. Who knows. I have the image in myhead of a 19 year old intern chewing gum and playing enie meenie minnie moe with the apps while she talks on the phone with her boyfriend.
LastTraintoMEM is offline  
Old 07-28-2009, 02:05 PM   #14  
Line Holder
 
DC2495's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: 135, REALLY SMALL!
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastTraintoMEM View Post
For those who get interviews, I would like to hear your quals. I thought I would be the MAC wet dream. I have 2100tt, 1200 turbine, 500 turbo prop in both 135 and 121. All the hours are 135/121 but the first 400. Maybe they want to hire these laid off guys with 10k plus and 747 types. Who knows. I have the image in myhead of a 19 year old intern chewing gum and playing enie meenie minnie moe with the apps while she talks on the phone with her boyfriend.
Maybe your qualifications make them think you will want to be paid to much! All I can say is who knows these days!
DC2495 is offline  
Old 07-28-2009, 02:28 PM   #15  
Gets Weekends Off
 
LastTraintoMEM's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: CE560XL- Captain
Posts: 180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2495 View Post
Maybe your qualifications make them think you will want to be paid to much! All I can say is who knows these days!
Well, I checked the box to agree for the salary they posted, which was $26,???. Not great pay, but better than most.
LastTraintoMEM is offline  
Old 07-28-2009, 10:21 PM   #16  
Line Holder
 
tr disagree's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2009
Position: Furlough
Posts: 85
Default

I met their mins but got an e-mail today

Dear Applicant, Thank-you for your recent inquiry into a position with Mountain Air Cargo, Inc. While we appreciate your interest in working for us, we have determined that your qualifications do not meet our needs at this time. Good Luck in your job search. Sincerely, Mountain Air Cargo, Inc. Human Resources Department

I have a feeling since it is because I am on furlough.
tr disagree is offline  
Old 07-29-2009, 08:15 AM   #17  
Line Holder
 
Angel's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2009
Position: 28 C
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr disagree View Post

I have a feeling since it is because I am on furlough.
What's wrong of being furloughed?, they usually give you options in order for them to secure your labor.
Angel is offline  
Old 07-30-2009, 10:00 PM   #18  
Line Holder
 
DC2495's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: 135, REALLY SMALL!
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastTraintoMEM View Post
Well, I checked the box to agree for the salary they posted, which was $26,???. Not great pay, but better than most.
I checked the box, but still said I wanted to make more... My dad always said beggers can't be choosers, but there's no harm in a little hageling is there? I still haven't gotten anything back besides the thank you for submitting your application with employease.
DC2495 is offline  
Old 07-31-2009, 05:06 AM   #19  
Gets Weekends Off
 
LastTraintoMEM's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: CE560XL- Captain
Posts: 180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2495 View Post
I checked the box, but still said I wanted to make more... My dad always said beggers can't be choosers, but there's no harm in a little hageling is there? I still haven't gotten anything back besides the thank you for submitting your application with employease.
I always figure it was like haggling for a better price at The Walmart- probably fruitless. They pay one pilot more than another, and word gets out (and it will!) Then you got a mess.
LastTraintoMEM is offline  
Old 08-14-2009, 01:23 AM   #20  
On Reserve
 
TopGear's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2009
Position: Hotel Inspector Par Excellence
Posts: 18
Default

Ok, I might be losing it seeing as I am looking for jobs way past midnight but I swear I saw a listing for a C-208 Captain at MAC that said they Pay $40,000 plus and then about 30 minutes later I could not find it again.

Anybody think they are paying 40k plus for a Van captain?

Cheers
TopGear is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Centurion Air cargo VF32TomCat Cargo 70 01-19-2017 09:49 PM
U.S. - China cargo routes opening up Vertroll Cargo 2 09-24-2008 09:28 PM
Any Atlas Air Cargo info out there? qiutong Cargo 5 08-07-2008 04:21 PM
Mountain Air Cargo Hiring astropilot92571 Hiring News 4 04-26-2005 09:58 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:49 PM.