Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > JetBlue
JetBlue gets first EAS contract >

JetBlue gets first EAS contract


Notices

JetBlue gets first EAS contract

Old 06-09-2024, 12:22 PM
  #21  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2017
Posts: 3,175
Default

Originally Posted by SmitteyB
I think you are underestimating the power of a small station and a VERY tight knit community. This isn't your typical outstation. This is a part of the country where everyone knows everyone and the agents were intimately familiar with where people were going and why they were travelling. So yes, I did know for a fact what the motivation for a lot of the travelling was.

Also - to be fair we weren't full. As with typical EAS the majority of the flights were 10 or less people.

My point being there is a large demand for local traffic because BOS is the closest, high quality cancer treatment available.

sure high demand I get it. But somebody said earlier that vast majority was going in for medical treatment.

I think I know whatís going on. you flew one particular flight where you talk to somebody by the gate that was going in for cancer treatment. You become friends with Betty the gate agent and she happen to mention on another day that somebody was going in for cancer treatment. The next day you saw somebody standing by the gate that might have looked a little frail.

so now you decided that because of these two occurrences that 99.99% of everybody flying between these two cities are going for a medical treatment. There could be no other possibly.
Halon1211 is offline  
Old 06-09-2024, 01:32 PM
  #22  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Posts: 781
Default

Originally Posted by Halon1211
sure high demand I get it. But somebody said earlier that vast majority was going in for medical treatment.

I think I know whatís going on. you flew one particular flight where you talk to somebody by the gate that was going in for cancer treatment. You become friends with Betty the gate agent and she happen to mention on another day that somebody was going in for cancer treatment. The next day you saw somebody standing by the gate that might have looked a little frail.

so now you decided that because of these two occurrences that 99.99% of everybody flying between these two cities are going for a medical treatment. There could be no other possibly.
Okay.


filler
SmitteyB is offline  
Old 06-09-2024, 04:23 PM
  #23  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2017
Posts: 3,175
Default

Originally Posted by SmitteyB
Okay.


filler
do healthy people not fly on these flights? What prevents them from wanting to fly to BOS?
Halon1211 is offline  
Old 06-09-2024, 07:54 PM
  #24  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: 190 captain and “Pro-pilot”
Posts: 2,920
Default

Originally Posted by Halon1211
sure high demand I get it. But somebody said earlier that vast majority was going in for medical treatment.

I think I know whatís going on. you flew one particular flight where you talk to somebody by the gate that was going in for cancer treatment. You become friends with Betty the gate agent and she happen to mention on another day that somebody was going in for cancer treatment. The next day you saw somebody standing by the gate that might have looked a little frail.

so now you decided that because of these two occurrences that 99.99% of everybody flying between these two cities are going for a medical treatment. There could be no other possibly.

See itís this attitude that might have been the deciding factor on the United interview.

Why would he make up that story or the reasons? Why so he can be like ha we won an EAS, lol. I know the guy you are questioning he doesnít BS and he certainly wouldnít about a thread as dumb as this.
pilotpayne is offline  
Old 06-10-2024, 01:30 AM
  #25  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2011
Posts: 466
Default

Originally Posted by pilotpayne
See itís this attitude that might have been the deciding factor on the United interview.

Why would he make up that story or the reasons? Why so he can be like ha we won an EAS, lol. I know the guy you are questioning he doesnít BS and he certainly wouldnít about a thread as dumb as this.
Halonís gonna Halon.
PSU Flyer is offline  
Old 06-10-2024, 09:41 AM
  #26  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2019
Position: NYC Based 320 CA
Posts: 235
Default

Originally Posted by N6279P
Hardly. EWR offers way more connections then BOS. People aren’t generally using this flight to get to a hub.
Makes you wonder why the PQI government and business leaders supported the JetBlue application to BOS over the UA EWR application then. Maybe they haven't heard your theory on why EWR is better. Or maybe they know what the community wants instead.
JayRalstonSmith is offline  
Old 06-10-2024, 01:35 PM
  #27  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2014
Posts: 625
Default

Originally Posted by JayRalstonSmith
Or maybe they know what the community wants instead.
A delayed flight to Boston?
N6279P is offline  
Old 06-10-2024, 04:44 PM
  #28  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Dec 2014
Posts: 58
Default Why not Cape Air?

So, stupid question i guess, but why wouldn't these type of routes be something Cape Air or another regional would do?
BackseatPilot is offline  
Old 06-10-2024, 06:25 PM
  #29  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2023
Posts: 46
Default

Originally Posted by BackseatPilot
So, stupid question i guess, but why wouldn't these type of routes be something Cape Air or another regional would do?
Because JetBlue outbid them all. Cape Air doesn't have the range to do it, anyway.
MergingTargets is offline  
Old 06-10-2024, 06:48 PM
  #30  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2017
Posts: 3,175
Default

Originally Posted by BackseatPilot
So, stupid question i guess, but why wouldn't these type of routes be something Cape Air or another regional would do?
Jetblue planes are better at handling passengers with medical issues.
Halon1211 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
jetliner1526
JetBlue
30
03-11-2016 06:55 AM
jet320
Hiring News
4
06-12-2008 07:12 AM
Gman
Major
34
04-12-2007 08:43 PM
fireman0174
JetBlue
6
08-24-2006 05:06 PM
Sir James
Major
0
07-29-2005 07:02 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices