Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2005, 06:44 PM   #1  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
bluechunks's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2005
Position: right here
Posts: 95
Default Something to consider...

Just in case anybody thinks TV in the seatbacks is something only JetBlue has on smaller aircraft, check out Air Canada's E175's:

http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/me...braer_175.html

FWIW, Air Canada is installing this system (Thales) on ALL of their aircraft from the CRJ to the A340. Since it is wireless (other than power) it is easy to install on almost any aircraft. How much longer before another North American legacy carrier moves forward???

What will be our next innovation???

(And yes, I realize that our PEOPLE make a huge difference, but so does LiveTV.)

Last edited by bluechunks; 11-11-2005 at 06:47 PM.
bluechunks is offline  
Old 11-12-2005, 05:32 PM   #2  
banger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechunks
Just in case anybody thinks TV in the seatbacks is something only JetBlue has on smaller aircraft, check out Air Canada's E175's:

http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/me...braer_175.html

FWIW, Air Canada is installing this system (Thales) on ALL of their aircraft from the CRJ to the A340. Since it is wireless (other than power) it is easy to install on almost any aircraft. How much longer before another North American legacy carrier moves forward???

What will be our next innovation???

(And yes, I realize that our PEOPLE make a huge difference, but so does LiveTV.)
Is the Thales system just taped or is it TV? I just see it listed as entertainment system so I just wonder if it is live or not.
 
Old 11-12-2005, 06:35 PM   #3  
JWJetPilot
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hello, I am looking for a leather flight jacket. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where Jet Blue gets their leather flight jackets?
I guess I could just ask the next time I see one of the guys jump seating but I thought this might be quicker.
Thanks!!!
 
Old 11-12-2005, 07:05 PM   #4  
Chief Jeppesen Updater
 
FlyerJosh's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Executive Transport Driver
Posts: 3,047
Default

Check out Gibson and Barnes for leather jackets.

http://www.gibsonandbarnes.com/

This is the company that Independence Air custom ordered their jackets from, I really like mine... high quality and very good customer service from my experience.

~J
FlyerJosh is offline  
Old 11-13-2005, 06:08 AM   #5  
On Reserve
 
jetblue320's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2005
Position: A320 Capt
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWJetPilot
Hello, I am looking for a leather flight jacket. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where Jet Blue gets their leather flight jackets?
I guess I could just ask the next time I see one of the guys jump seating but I thought this might be quicker.
Thanks!!!
Jetblue pilots' jackets are from Perrone Leather in NY. I don't have the address or phone but I know they have a website and I am sure that you could find it using Google.

C yaaa

Last edited by jetblue320; 11-18-2005 at 06:49 AM.
jetblue320 is offline  
Old 11-13-2005, 09:58 AM   #6  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
bluechunks's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2005
Position: right here
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by banger
Is the Thales system just taped or is it TV? I just see it listed as entertainment system so I just wonder if it is live or not.
It will be the primary system offered on the 787 and broadband is optional, so I'd say that TV should be a given once there is a satellite connection.
bluechunks is offline  
Old 11-13-2005, 11:42 AM   #7  
JWJetPilot
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
 
Old 11-16-2005, 03:19 PM   #8  
flyboy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerJosh
Check out Gibson and Barnes for leather jackets.

http://www.gibsonandbarnes.com/

This is the company that Independence Air custom ordered their jackets from, I really like mine... high quality and very good customer service from my experience.

~J
Love FlyI, but those are the ugliest leather jackets out there.
 
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:00 PM.