Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2008, 05:01 PM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
carl p's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: 727 VIP Left
Posts: 141
Default Is VA moving from terminal 6 to 3 in LAX?

One of our gate agent supervisors in LAX mentioned we (AT) were moving over to terminal 6 to take over VA gates and VA was moving to 3. He said VA had cut a deal with the airport and will pay for the renovation of the terminal. I guess the goal would be to get closer to Atlantic? It sounded like they were trying to take over a large chunk of 3 maybe getting the ATA gates as well. What do you guys hear about this?
carl p is offline  
Old 04-21-2008, 11:44 AM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
GetErDun's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Posts: 210
Default

Yes they are moving and LAX will be a new base.
GetErDun is offline  
Old 04-21-2008, 11:53 AM   #3  
AAmerican Way for AA Pay
 
B757200ER's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: B-737 Pilot
Posts: 1,614
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl p View Post
One of our gate agent supervisors in LAX mentioned we (AT) were moving over to terminal 6 to take over VA gates and VA was moving to 3. He said VA had cut a deal with the airport and will pay for the renovation of the terminal. I guess the goal would be to get closer to Atlantic? It sounded like they were trying to take over a large chunk of 3 maybe getting the ATA gates as well.
Not only that, but VirginAtlantic will move from Terminal 2 to 3, and the new VirginBlue B-777 Sydney flights will go to 3 as well. One big happy family!
B757200ER is offline  
Old 04-21-2008, 12:15 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
GetErDun's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Posts: 210
Default

Ravi S.
Or dare I say Mahd...
Is that you?
GetErDun is offline  
Old 04-21-2008, 05:17 PM   #5  
AAmerican Way for AA Pay
 
B757200ER's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: B-737 Pilot
Posts: 1,614
Default Nein

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetErDun View Post
Ravi S... Is that you?
You mean Ravi Shankar, the Indian dude the Beatles practiced yoga with in an Ashram?
B757200ER is offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 09:41 AM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
GetErDun's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Posts: 210
Default

Ryan international...mesaba and VA....
GetErDun is offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 01:41 PM   #7  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Mar 2007
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetErDun View Post
Ryan international...mesaba and VA....

Check your PM
Bigboy is offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 02:44 PM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ChinsFive's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2007
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B757200ER View Post
Not only that, but VirginAtlantic will move from Terminal 2 to 3, and the new VirginBlue B-777 Sydney flights will go to 3 as well. One big happy family!
I don't get it, I mean the gates will be next to each other but you can't buy a ticket on VirginAmerica that connects with VirginBlue or VirginAtlantic. The ground handeling is Menzes I think anyway and I think they all have dedicated CSA's too so it's not like they would be saving anything.

If you could buy a ticket on VirginAmerica from SEA-LHR via LAX I would understand. But you can't.
ChinsFive is offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 04:59 PM   #9  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Mar 2007
Posts: 7
Default

I suspect you will be able to buy connecting tickets on all three in the future as well as a common first class lounge.
Coolio is offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 06:34 PM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
carl p's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: 727 VIP Left
Posts: 141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinsFive View Post
I don't get it, I mean the gates will be next to each other but you can't buy a ticket on VirginAmerica that connects with VirginBlue or VirginAtlantic. The ground handeling is Menzes I think anyway and I think they all have dedicated CSA's too so it's not like they would be saving anything.

If you could buy a ticket on VirginAmerica from SEA-LHR via LAX I would understand. But you can't.

I would guess it's just a matter of time before you can.
carl p is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fedex at LAX grant123 Cargo 9 01-30-2011 10:20 AM
Delta out of LAX or SLC Cooperd0g Major 30 09-02-2008 10:35 PM
UAL at LAX? dvhighdrive88 Major 6 04-04-2008 12:49 AM
Effect of moving violation? mikefly Regional 11 12-19-2007 06:06 PM
new jetBlue terminal at JFK Sir James Major 0 07-29-2005 08:02 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:05 PM.