Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2021, 07:17 AM   #21  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Guppydriver95's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2018
Posts: 391
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panpanpan View Post
I wouldn’t be surprised to see some type of merger/acquisition event this year. Now that the recovery is here, airlines can start thinking about spending the capital to make such a move.
if they pull a stunt like that before they pay the past due bill on billions of dollars in contract improvements, it will be ugly. But honestly, I don’t see the merger thing being a player. Jmho.
Guppydriver95 is offline  
Old 04-10-2021, 07:20 AM   #22  
Gets Mon-Sun Off
 
TransWorld's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Up Front
Posts: 3,245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppydriver95 View Post
if they pull a stunt like that before they pay the past due bill on billions of dollars in contract improvements, it will be ugly. But honestly, I don’t see the merger thing being a player. Jmho.
I would think it is more likely a couple of regionals merge, or go out of business.
TransWorld is offline  
Old 04-10-2021, 07:27 AM   #23  
Gets Weekends Off
 
docav8tor's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2019
Posts: 159
Default

Gary Kelly is itching to make an announcement. IMHO, he isn't going to let the 50th anniversary come and go w/out something huge...something that was planned pre-pandemic. WN has more cash than debt and it won't go to waste. Could it be

Hawaiian
JetBlue
Alaska
Frontier
Spirit
....or EVEN BIGGER

only 69 (great number) until they're GOLDEN
docav8tor is offline  
Old 04-11-2021, 03:49 AM   #24  
On Reserve
 
Broccoli Rob's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2021
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by docav8tor View Post
Gary Kelly is itching to make an announcement. IMHO, he isn't going to let the 50th anniversary come and go w/out something huge...something that was planned pre-pandemic. WN has more cash than debt and it won't go to waste. Could it be

Hawaiian
JetBlue
Alaska
Frontier
Spirit
....or EVEN BIGGER

only 69 (great number) until they're GOLDEN
Bigger like what? You think they're gonna merge with AA and call it South American?
Broccoli Rob is offline  
Old 04-25-2021, 08:30 AM   #25  
Gets Weekends Off
 
panpanpan's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2019
Posts: 108
Default

How much do we want to bet that some form of consolidation occurs within the next 2 years? Covid has reshuffled the whole deck. Some ambitious CEO is going to want to make a splash and jump ahead of the competition.
panpanpan is offline  
Old 04-25-2021, 08:58 AM   #26  
Gets Mon-Sun Off
 
TransWorld's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Up Front
Posts: 3,245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panpanpan View Post
How much do we want to bet that some form of consolidation occurs within the next 2 years? Covid has reshuffled the whole deck. Some ambitious CEO is going to want to make a splash and jump ahead of the competition.
I predict American, Delta, and United will all merge into one company. Remember, you heard it here first.
TransWorld is offline  
Old 04-25-2021, 09:17 AM   #27  
Gets Weekends Off
 
panpanpan's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2019
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransWorld View Post
I predict American, Delta, and United will all merge into one company. Remember, you heard it here first.
Just when it becomes a joke and gets dismissed, and you least expect it to happen is when it could happen.
panpanpan is offline  
Old 04-25-2021, 09:18 AM   #28  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Guppydriver95's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2018
Posts: 391
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panpanpan View Post
Just when it becomes a joke and gets dismissed, and you least expect it to happen is when it could happen.
you boys hit the crack pipe pretty hard last night?
Guppydriver95 is offline  
Old 04-26-2021, 05:06 AM   #29  
Gets Weekends Off
 
docav8tor's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2019
Posts: 159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panpanpan View Post
How much do we want to bet that some form of consolidation occurs within the next 2 years? Covid has reshuffled the whole deck. Some ambitious CEO is going to want to make a splash and jump ahead of the competition.
Less than two years.
docav8tor is offline  
Old 04-26-2021, 10:00 PM   #30  
Prime Minister/Moderator
 
rickair7777's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Posts: 29,219
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransWorld View Post
I predict American, Delta, and United will all merge into one company. Remember, you heard it here first.
Well, one big legacy would more than cover the current international flying.
rickair7777 is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Usapa clt/phl joint update cactiboss American 35 09-03-2013 06:27 AM
SLI work begins APC225 United 92 12-22-2012 04:29 AM
NWA/DELTA Roadshows Ferd149 Mergers and Acquisitions 112 05-15-2008 02:33 PM
DALPA on DAL/NWA BigGuns Mergers and Acquisitions 50 04-19-2008 05:22 AM
Union at SkyWest?? RedBaron007 Regional 30 04-04-2007 09:16 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:24 AM.